The Objective-2

We sat on a cold bench and I waited for her to continue.

She checked her surroundings once before speaking,

"The truth is ever since coming to this school,I don't feel safe anymore."

"What!Is someone stalking or harassing you?Who is it?"

I grew impatient.I hated those kinds of perverts and stalkers.

She seemed surprised by my reaction which was obvious since I have always acted calm and collected in front of my classmates.

"No!You seem to be misunderstanding a bit.

The truth is,as you can see,my body has matured quite early than most girls.
In my middle school,I always had my brother with me who always looked out for me.
But as I entered highschool,I feel all alone.

Its not like I don't like being alone but when people look at me with lecherous eyes,I can't help but feel the need of someone else.
Someone who can look after me like my brother."

I see.So that's it.

"I completely understand your situation now.But would you mind telling me why are you comfortable telling me these things?"

"To be honest,I don't really know.You seemed approachable,kinda strong and for some reason I don't see you as a member of opposite sex."

Ouch.That hit hard.And here I thought I was a popular guy.

Upon closer inspection,she really had matured beyond her age and yet even I never saw her that way.

"I see.So,how can I help you?"

She hesitated a bit but then accumulated the courage.

"Would you mind pretending to be my boyfriend?!"

Huh?
Don't give me that clichéd shit.
So things like these actually happen in anime world huh?Amusing.

"Sure,why not!" I answered involuntarily without any hesitation.

Upon hearing my answer,her eyes widened for a second and then she smiled.

I knew the demerits of being in such a relationship.I won't be able to get a real girlfriend.
We would have to pretend to go on dates and what not.
Well,I have 3 years of high school remaining so might as well help her this time.

So this is precisely the kind of situation Hirata will be in when Karuizawa asks for his help in the near future.

"Well then,I will see you at school tomorrow.But firstly,we need to make up a foolproof story."I said.

"How about this?You fell in love with me the moment you saw me.Kinda like love at first sight drama.
Unable to control yourself,you confessed to me at the second day itself and I accepted your confession reluctantly."

"Huh?!!Why should I be the one who falls in love?And more importantly, why were you so reluctant?"

"What?A gentleman always professes his love to the lady.That's basic common sense."

"Ugh,whatever.At least give me your contact details."

"Ohh.Being a cheeky boyfriend already?"

"Would you stop teasing me?"

Saying so she finally gave me her contact details.

"Also are you free for like half an hour now?"

"Wait,are you perhaps inviting me for a date?"

"Call it whatever you want.I just want you to accompany me to the convenience store."
I said in disinterested tone.

"I will get changed in 15 minutes then."

"Okay meet me near the lift lobby in 20 minutes."

Saying this we departed to our dorm rooms.

20 minutes later.

I arrived at the lobby 5 minutes before the scheduled time.I had to sort out the things I would need to buy in my mind.

"Did you wait long?"

"Yeah,perhaps for 4 minutes."

"First off,you were the one who was early and secondly,don't act as though 4 minutes was that long of a waiting period."

"Hmphh.Whatever"

"Oh really,looks like the prince charming  doesn't  have any comebacks left."

"C'mon,let's get going.I don't have much time.I have a study session with Yukimura-kun in an hours time."

Ignoring her comments I hurried off to the convenience store.

Upon our arrival,I knew exactly what I had to buy.

Within a few minutes,we had finished our shopping.

"Huh,that was it?Also,why did you buy those items?"

Reaching for my bag I took out 2 ice- creams and handed one to Hasebe.

"First,let's eat them before they melt."

"You sure know a bit about treating a lady.Anyways,when did you buy these ice cream?"

"Well,I thought my girlfriend would like surprises."

She sighed and and we walked silently while eating.
Once we had finished,I lead her to an alley near a vending machine.

"Hasebe,I would need a bit of your help.Can you bring out that camera from my bag?"

"Looks like you bought binoculars,camera and earpiece.Apparently you are a bigger pervert than you let on."She muttered while taking out the camera from the bag.

I positioned myself on all fours on the ground.

"Now,can you please place the camera in that crack in the wall?Since it is a bit high,you might need to step on my back."

Hasebe was visibly confused at my unreasonable demands.

"It's for your own good."I said trying to erase her confusion.

"Fine."

After a bit of struggle we finally succeeded.
I placed the earpiece behind the trash can.

"All the preparations are done."

"What does that mean?"

Ignoring her question,I continued.

"Are you free at 8 pm today?"

She was a bit hesitant which was obvious as an unknown boy who she only met today was inviting her late at night.

"Don't worry.I am not inviting you to my room or anything. Neither I have some ulterior motives.I just want you to witness something."

"If you say so.But then can I invite someone else too?"

"Sorry Hasebe but I can't allow that.However,if you wish,you can ask one of your friends to contact you within 30 minutes if you don't return to your dorm room.That is if you have any friends."

Ignoring my sarcastic remark,her interest and curiosity  had already peaked and she finally agreed.

"Yosh,then I have a study session to attend to.See you at 8 then."

Saying so both of them parted towards their floors.