Chapter 33 - "Let's find the bomb."

"What?!" both Dominic and Clint said.

Dominic whipped his head to Taylor as Clint fell in next to her. She didn't look at either of them, her gaze still trained on the small figure of her brother making his way towards the hotel. The hotel that could explode at any time, crushing him, killing him, ripping him out of her life.

She sucked in a breath, struggling to keep her mind from racing down a dark path.

"Taylor, what do you mean there's a bomb in that hotel?" Dominic asked like he was trying to understand the concept of what a bomb was.

She tore her eyes away from the mass of police officers and the civilians who were already evacuating, glancing at both guys. As fast as she could she broke down how Weston and she had been doing surveillance on the Fitzpatrick crime family, the blueprints, the bomb schematics, and the travel route. As she talked, Dominic swallowed hard and Clint went still.

"We have to help," Taylor finished.

Dominic looked like he wanted to throw up at the thought of entering a place that held a bomb but gave her a jerky nod.

"We take care of the bomb first," she said, holding her hand out to him, trying not to let him see her hand tremble.

"No," Clint said.

She spun on him. "I'm not going to stand here while I could be the one to get the bomb to somewhere remote and save lives."

Clint held up his hands. "I'm not saying you shouldn't help. I'm saying the bomb shouldn't be what you handle first."

"What?" Taylor and Dominic said.

The picture of calm, Clint pointed to the hotel. "Think about this. The police most likely have men working on the bomb. What you need to do is get everyone out. If for some reason you couldn't get the bomb out, those people would die."

Despite the adrenaline surging through her, telling her to go, to get the bomb as far away from the hotel and Weston as she could, she heard the logic in what he said.

"Okay," she said, nodding. "You understand I have to leave you here."

"Of course, just make sure you come back alive," he said. "And Taylor..." she locked eyes with him. "No matter how big the bomb is, it's exactly like the workout machines, you can do this. You've done this a million times."

"Thanks."

Clint shoved his hands into his pockets, his brow creasing with worry.

"Good luck."

Dominic took Taylor's hand, shifting them into the Time Stop and she jumped them to the top story of the hotel.

The lavish hallway they appeared in was at odds with the eerie quiet. Taylor knew that without the Time Stop the fire alarm would be blaring in their ears but there was nothing. No indication that they were in a place ticking with danger.

"Room by room," Dominic said.

Taylor agreed and they jumped from one suit to the next, finding them empty. It was when they pushed open the door to the stairwell and looked over the railing that they spotted the evacuating guests. They rushed down the stairs to the first couple dressed in bathrobes. Taylor reached for the woman but stopped.

"I don't know if I can send her by herself," she said.

The last time she had teleported someone without her she had been able to see the lockup room. But without knowing where everyone was on the sidewalk she didn't know what would happen.