A Murderous Halloween

TRIGGER WARNING:
Insults, t-slur(trans-gender),Mention of murder, Mention of bullying
Do not read if sensitive to any of these topics.
________________

In the late evening hours of October 31st, also known as Halloween, people (often in young ages) dress up in costumes and go to gather sweets in a tradition commonly known as "trick or treating".

Some people might not know that the actual purpose of the dressing up was; it was to scare ghosts and other dark creatures away from the living. 

Over time, the whole purpose of it was forgotten and lost. People started to walk around their neighborhoods, going from door to door to collect "treats" like sweets and snacks from other people, or, if they won't give sweets or aren't home, people would start the "tricking".

An act that often resembled people throwing around toilet papers or eggs. These acts are often committed by children of older ages, usually from 13-16, if they even go for the "treating".

Elli, as a mother of many kids, had told her children lots of spooky stories when they were little. Once, Crystal got so excited about it that she went to her Mama Tine and asked for some eggs to throw at the neighbors house.

Tine, the (of course) representative and the greatest parent, had nearly gave in and given Crystal the eggs had Elli not managed to stop both females and saved the two from getting fined for damaging private property.

Now, almost ten years later, Elli stood in front of her wife of 18 years.

Tine wore a huge grin on her face, with some eggshells splattered onto her costume, and on her right hand there dangled a big bag which anyone could tell was full of sweets.

"What the—" Elli was about to fume up, but Tine cut her off, her voice as happy as a child during Christmas Day.

"Look, I know you'll be furious after I tell you this, but no one saw me! I solemnly swear!" Tine said.

Elli opened the door wider for Tine to walk into the living room with an open kitchen area.

Rachel and Savvi stopped with their last clean-ups and peeked into the living area, curious about what was happening.

Elliot, who had heard his Mom shouting from his room, slowly came walking down the stairs with Alex, Ariana, Tim and Roach.

All of them looked at their angry Mother, who had raised an eyebrow at her messy wife and arms crossed over her chest, on edge about what would happen next.

"....so I went out, and then I—"

Tine cut herself off, seeing the tears in Elliot's eyes, which were on the verge of spilling. Rachel looked shocked and Savvi's eyes were wide open. The others stared as well, also with tears in their eyes, at both their Moms. Elli's eyebrows were knitted together, a habit she had had for as long as she could remember whenever a situation was too confusing or when too many emotions were running through her at the same time.

"Oh right..." Tine's eyes casted to the floor, the memories of a fight between the married couple coming back into her mind as if it had happened just the day before. The reason why Elli was always on edge most of the time, why she had slight bags under her eyes and a lost look in them right now, was due to the fight.

Ever since about three weeks ago, Elli and Tine had spoken a bare minimum with each other. The past week, they did not even mention each other's name once.

The reason for the fight? Neither of them could even remember. It was probably something stupid that one of the pair did. Elli did not care enough to remember the reason, and neither did Tine.