CHAPTER FIVE

CINDY'S P.O.V
Few weeks later..

Throughout the next week Andrea didn't seem cold with me anymore but she wasn't that friendly but I realised she was actually a nice and loveable person to be with at first but now we are very good friends  but I wanted to be more than just a friend.
Meeting Andrea would have been my worst nightmare but it turned out that she was th best and realest person I have ever met.
It turned out that others including joy was a good person characterwise that I thought she was actually a green snake in a green grass. I'm sure you must be wondering how Andrea and i became friends well, here it goes.
Joy started to be cold towards me and I didn't understand why until one night I couldn't sleep...I was crying myself to sleep but I just couldn't sleep ..I could promise you  I tried not to be loud but then Andrea woke up and I felt someone staring at me, I didn't want to turn because I thought it was a ghost from the spiritual stories I heard about some boarding schools . I wanted to scream but the voice sounded familiar that's when I turned and tried to clean my tears. " cindy " I turned " did I wake you up? " "obviously why would I be awake" "I'm so sorry about...." "were you crying? " "No ...i" she cut me off again "your face is swollen and. ..your still crying " I didn't notice that tears were still rolling down my cheeks .. I started wiping off my tears when Andrea left her bed and came to mine....I was shocked when she asked " what's wrong? Why are you crying ? " "It's nothing " "you really want me to be believe that?, fine then don't disturb my sleep" she stood up to go but I found myself holding her arm "please don't go " I started crying .."cindy I'm not God , I don't know what you're thinking so please can you tell me what's wrong" I knew it , I knew Andrea  did care about me " its joy" "and what about joy " " she  is acting very mean to me I haven't seen her this way before. ..I don't know what I did to her......" "you mean to say that your crying because she's very mean to you?" I nodded "Wow just wow, Cindy you don't have what to cry over. .let's say you just felt like crying and call this a night" "no you don't understand how I feel " "I very much understand joy acting that way towards you" "but I don't " "think about it you have been hanging out with Ekomobong" "just that? " "Don't you know that joy and ekom are dating..and he is giving you to much attention,  so obviously the girlfriend will be jealous , what do you you expect?" Ekom is the reason for joy's and attitude towards me... I just wanted to laugh but what? Ekom and I are just cousins....but should I tell Andrea. ...it should.."  Andrea thank you for letting me know about this ?" " It's OK shit happens" "Andrea ekom...is...." I was cut off by matron  who barged into our room..
" so this is what you girls at doing at night abi" "no matron she was..." " the two of you should come out" we followed matron and she stopped walking and turn around "you girls are in your room talking and gisting away time but Andrea did you bother to check whether these junior girls are observing light out ?." "Yes ma I did " " you did abi.. I caught three girls in the bathroom washing clothes at this time now the both of you will join them in the punishment tomorrow and I will supervise it...do you understand? " "yes ma" we both answered  " go in and  sleep " as we were going Andrea started giggling and I joined her then she said " I thought she would say we were doing something together " "exactly me too....but Andrea I'm sorry I put you into this mess" "It's OK what's done is done ,you were going to tell me something " "oh...yeah ekomobong is my cousin " "what?,like for real? " Andrea laughed " Joy is going to feel stupid if she finds out she was been mean to you because you and ekom were very close but ended up being cousins." As she said that it made me laugh but I decided to talk to joy about it in the morning. " I will tell joy in the morning " "yeah you should...she would be so embarrassed "... yeah just what I wanted ...

ANDREA'S P.O.V
Immediately after announcing the time lights out I went around checking for a scare at but everywhere was clean so I went back to my room to find Cindy already on her bed with blankets over her head it's just unlike her .I went ahead to sleep but I was restless until I heard crying sounds ,it's Cindy what's wrong who made her cry like this?.
I stood up to see her sitting on her bed thee she acted a little strange "cindy" she turned "did I wake you up? " "obviously why would I be awake " " I'm so sorry about. . " " were you crying? " " No, I. .." why was she lying when it's quite obvious hmm "your face is swollen and your still crying " I reluctantly left my bed to hers I felt weird since I told her not to stay on mine but should I get up ..I should but it's not proper to just leave  "what's wrong? Why are you crying? " " It's nothing " " you really want me to believe that?, fine then don't disturb my sleep " now was the perfect time to leave her bed but then she grabbed me back and I was feeling like I'm acting a movie "cindy I'm not God, I don't know what you're thinking so please can you tell me what's wrong " " It's joy" "and what about joy " " she is acting very mean to me I haven't seen her this way before." Really ,like seriously this is the reason why I couldn't sleep? "you mean to say that your crying because she's very mean to you?" She nodded like a lizard "Wow just wow, Cindy you don't have what to cry over. .let's say you just felt like crying and call this a night" "no you don't understand how I feel " "I very much understand joy acting that way towards you" "but I don't " "think about it you have been hanging out with Ekomobong" "just that? " "Don't you know that joy and ekom are dating..and he is giving you to much attention,  so obviously the girlfriend will be jealous , what do you expect?".wow...I guess she didn't know that's pretty much sad."  Andrea thank you for letting me know about this ?" " It's OK shit happens" "Andrea ekom...is...." she was cut off by matron  who barged into our room..I was terrified...matron could just accuse us of doing some abominable act.....oh no ..I'm in deep trouble all because I'm not wanted to comfort her...oh no who send me....I'm was so worried.." so this is what you girls at doing at night abi" "no matron she was..." " the two of you should come out" we followed matron and she stopped walking and turn around "you girls are in your room talking and gisting away time but Andrea did you bother to check whether these junior girls are observing light out ?." "Yes ma I did " " you did abi.. I caught three girls in the bathroom washing clothes at this time now the both of you will join them in the punishment tomorrow and I will supervise it...do you understand? " "yes ma" we both answered  " go in and  sleep " as we were going it became so funny how i panicked for nothing then i started giggling and cindy joined me then i told her my reason for giggling  " I thought she would say we were doing something together " "exactly me too....but Andrea I'm sorry I put you into this mess" she apologised, well that was the sweetest thing she did "It's OK what's done is done ,you were going to tell me something " "oh...yeah ekomobong is my cousin " waaaaaiiitttt........cousin oh no..Joy is in big soup when she find out "what?,like for real? " I  laughed " Joy is going to feel stupid if she finds out she was been mean to you because you and ekom were very close but ended up being cousins."cindy laughed too. " I will tell joy in the morning "she should...I wonder how her face will look like once she finds out the truth "yeah you should...she would be so embarrassed " we headed back to the room and said our goodnight to each other...I felt maybe cindy isn't so bad..I will give her a chance .