Chapter Sixteen

ANNABETH

SLAM!

I wasn't quick enough to stop Reyna. She basically judo flipped me but I flipped twice in the air. I don't understand how someone is that strong.

"You okay?" Reyna asks, crouching down beside me.

"Yea," I replied, "right when I get over the back pain and the ringing in my ears, I should be good to go."

Yea, Reyna doesn't let me have breaks. She pulled me up to my feet. I got a little wobbly and almost fell again but I maintained my balance. Even though I hated this, I wanted to get better. I wanted to find Percy and apologize. I wanted to make up and show him that I will always love him and never betray him again.

"Hands up, Annie," Thalia called from the other side of the room.

Thalia insisted on coming. She says it's too make sure Reyna doesn't go to hard on me. I'm now starting to think it's to make sure she can get in a few laughs.

We were in hand to hand combat. Reyna had her legs spread apart a little, arms up, ready to block or ruin me. I tried to copy her position. When she swung at me, I rolled to the side and kicked her in the leg. She fell to her knees but rolled over from any further damage. She was up fast and was already ready to go.

Her fist impacted with my shoulder and I felt my shoulder go limp a little as pain buzzed through. "At least try to block her," Thalia said.

I rolled my eyes. Thalia wasn't helping right now. At all. Not even a little. Reyna tried to punch me again but this time, I blocked her fist with my hand and punched her in the face. She wobbled to the side a little but ultimately wasn't affected. Now we were just punching or blocking each other punches. Me mainly doing the blocking and she mainly doing the punching.

"Someone lose already," Thalia said with a bored tone.

I really wish she hadn't said that. In that moment, Reyna basically flew up in the air, spun around, and kicked me in the face. I fell to the ground, pain coursing through my left cheek. No way was I going down without her going down with me. Using all my strength and skill, I got back up and charged into her like a bull. She fell onto the grassy floor with me on top.

"Woah," Thalia said, "you finally won. So that would be Reyna 50 and you 1, right?"

I got off of Reyna, helping her up. Then I turned to Thalia and said, "you aren't helping you know." Thalia frowned.

"Why would you think I would be trying to help?" she asked. I groaned and turned back to Reyna who had a smile on her face.

"Again," she said.

We started off again with me ending on the floor and Reyna over me. Wherever Percy was, I was pretty sure I was having a worse day than he was. 1

PERCY

I was having the worst day of my life. 3

My so-called mom, Rita, and father, Tommy, were driving me insane! They kept reminding me to find the power rangers and destroy them and not be late for school! I would literally return to Camp Half-Blood then put up with this crap.

"OKAY!" I yelled, "I GOT IT RITA. DESTORY THE POWER RANGERS!"

Tommy glared at me. "Don't speak to your mother in that tone," he warned. I was going to be late for school if I argued with him on this one.

Yea, because mothers normally cause damage to their sons neck," I replied, pointing to a long scratch mark running from the back of my neck to the front. Around the scratch was dried up blood and it was stinging like hell. I went into the bathroom and cleaned off most of the blood. Then I took a quick shower. In some odd and impossible way, my scratch didn't heal. But I did feel more energized. I was happy water at least still had that affect on me. 2