Chapter Twenty-Eight

A/N: ANOTHER STORY!!!!

Percy: I'm happy that no one likes Annabeth

Me: 🙄

Reyna: I shouldn't laugh but 😂👏🏼👏🏼

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PERCY

"This is so boring," I complained as we walked through a store in town.

Annabeth was making us buy more "nutritious" stuff because "it's good for you Percy" and "if you mock me one more time I will launch you out of this window".

"I said you could wait in the car," Annabeth said, grabbing some lettuce and tomatos.

"Don't speak to me like that!" I defended myself.

I really hated when she did that. Annabeth sighed and turned to me. "Your right," she said, "sorry." She turned back towards the vegetables. Just the sight of it made me shiver. Yuck. Veggies.

I almost felt guilty for yelling at her. She was having just as hard of a time as I was. She kept having nightmares about Nathan and yelling "fire" and "camp" and "tarturas". The same dream I had. I tried comforting her by saying Leo could have accidentally set the camp on fire but I ended up not getting talked to for five hours. She doesn't like jokes.

"I'm going to get blue cookies," I said after a while.

She didn't respond. Sighing, I walked down the aisle to the bread place. In Kroger, the bread aisle also had cookies by them. Raisin cookies, chocolate chip cookies, and cookies with blue frosting. They don't make literal blue cookies here. They only have the blue frosting. The best I will get.

I grabbed 1 or 2 or maybe 4 boxes of cookies. Don't judge. I'll share some with Annabeth and probably bring some for Kimberly if she doesn't kick me out of her house before I can speak. Again.

I walked back to Annabeth who was on her phone. She looked beautiful. Her hair was all the way down and she wasn't wearing a gray shirt and black shorts. When she saw me approaching she looked up and widened her eyes.

"You..." she took in a deep breath and said, "okay, Percy." I smiled, happy that I won, and put the cookies in the basket. We walked to the checkout aisle where Annabeth payed for everything. She got a job at Starbucks, which is right beside Krispy Kreme. People usually get Krispy Kreme and walks over to get Starbucks. It's kind of funny.

We walked to the car and started putting things in. "I'm going to the fair," I said to Annabeth when we got into the car, testing to see what she would do.

"Okay," she replied, starting the car.

I was taken aback. I thought she would call me an idiot or yell at me or just ignore me. But she actually agreed.

"Wait, really?" I asked.

"Mhm," Annabeth replied, bagging out of the parking lot. After a long while of silence and neither one of us speaking, I decided to say something.

"Okay, what's wrong?" I asked her. She continued to drive down the street, not answering me. What did I do? She's the one always being a jerk to me.

"I'm tired," Annabeth said once we neared a stop sign, "I don't feel like always arguing with you. I just want to go home and sleep. That's all."

I didn't realize it before but she did seem pretty tired. She had little bags under her eyes and her eyes were kind of red. I instantly felt like a jerk. I shouldn't have yelled. It was the nightmares. I think she was staying up at night instead of going to bed. I used to do that until I realized it was making me a jerk. Cranky. That's how I felt. Always cranky. Which would explain Annabeth attitude most of the time.