TWO

"Let her go!" Alexis screamed into the darkness

There was no reply.

"I said let her go!" She screamed yet again.

"Shut up." A voice seethed and slapped her across the face.

"No! I'll kill you if you don't let her go! I swear when I get out I'll kill you! Let. Her. GO!" She threatened and pulled at the chains that were holding her back.

"Oh, foolish girl," The voice got closer to her and she could feel a warm breath on her face. "If you try to kill me, you'll be dead before you can say 'boo.'"

The figure then stepped back and started laughing, and went over to a button in the corner of the room. They pressed it and sent a shock through Alexis's body, causing her to scream out in pain.

Alexis gasped and sat up.

"She's awake." Bruce informed and Tony looked behind him at his sister.

"JARVIS," He jumped up. "Autopilot."

Alexis panted and looked around at everyone and at the ship. They seemed to be back on the Quinjet.

"Alexis, are you alright?" Natasha asked, leaving Clint's side for just a moment.

"I-I. Wh-what? Um..." She panted and looked around at everyone.

"Hey, hey, hey, just breathe, kid, just breathe." Tony said.

"You're going to be okay. You're with us, you're safe." Cap assured her and rubbed her shoulder.

Alexis nodded and swallowed.

"Hey Banner, Dr. Cho's on her was in from Seoul, is it okay if she sets up in your lab?" Tony raised his eyebrows at Bruce.

"Uh, yeah, she knows her way around." Bruce answered.

"Thanks," Tony turned to JARVIS. "Tell her to prep everything, Barton's gonna need the full treatment. And Alexis needs to be checked out."

"Very good, sir." JARVIS replied.

Natasha went back over to stand over Clint and Thor, Steve, and Tony talked amongst themselves about the scepter as well as the party in a few days.

Alexis couldn't help but think about the dream she had just recently had. Who was the figure? Why was she being held hostage? Who else was being held hostage with her. All questions that she knew she couldn't get the answer to because it was probably just some silly dream. But what if it wasn't.

She sighed and rubbed her tired eyes as the Quinjet landed on the tower.

"Lab's all set up, boss." Maria Hill walked onto the ship just as Thor, Bruce, and Natasha exited and Clint was taken to be tended to.

Tony pointed over at Steve. "Uh, actually, he's the boss. I just pay for everything, design everything, and make everyone look cooler."

Steve rolled his and Alexis snorted and pushed herself up, but immediately sat back down when she felt her body immediately start throbbing.

"Let me help you, mini-Stark." Her brother said and helped her up.

She draped her arm over his shoulder and helped her up.

"Oh, hey, Alexis, next time will you tell your curly-haired, skinny friend to stop harassing me. I'm a busy woman." Maria mentioned snd left with Steve walking with her.

"What?" Alexis muttered as they walked off of the ship.

Ryan looked up when he heard walking coming this way and ran over to his best friend.

"Alexis! What the hell happened to you?" He looked her up and down.

"She got to see a cool party trick." Tony joked and continued walking over to the lab.

"Real funny, Tone. We'll talk about it after." She answered.

"I told you to call me if you needed help."

"Well, I didn't, so you didn't receive a phone call from me."

"You clearly did it you're in this condition!" Ryan argued.

"Eh, she's alright. You should see Clint." Tony interrupted.

"Not helping." Alexis sighed.

Once they got to the lab, Tony carefully placed his sister down trying not to hurt her.

"Keep an eye on him, Alexis. He tries to take on more than he can handle." Tony winked and patted Ryan on the shoulder.

"Hey." Ryan said as Tony walked into the small operating room where Nat, Clint, and Dr. Cho were.

Ryan turned back to his best friend and raised his eyebrows.

"What." She squinted.

"Start talking, Miss Phantom." Ryan said and sat next to her.

Alexis started explaining to Ryan everything that happened before his phone call and after the phone call as well as the dream.

"And then I woke up on the Quinjet." Alexis finished.

"Do you know who was being held hostage with you?" Ryan asked.

Alexis shook hear head and stared at the floor.

"What if...What if it was—."

"No. Ryan, no. It was just a silly dream." Alexis stopped him.

"Or you're reliving your darkest memories. I hate to break it to you, Lex, but that's exactly what happened when—."

"Stop. Just...stop. It wasn't...It cant, I—. I cant. I can't be reliving it."

"I'm sorry." Ryan grabbed her hand in support and looked at the floor.

"There's another thing."

Ryan's eyes flickered up at his brunette best friend. "What is it?"

"The second enhanced girl. She's our enemy, but...I wish she wasn't."

"Why?"

Alexis picked his head up and gave him a look.

"Wait. Alexis, you—."

She nodded, then hung her head once again, still thinking about everting.