SEVEN

Alexis rested her head against Steve's arm and had one of Ryans old hoodie's over the dress she was wearing

Alexis rested her head against Steve's arm and had one of Ryans old hoodie's over the dress she was wearing. His arm was draped around her shoulder as the group gathered into the lab.

"All our work is gone. Ultron is gone, used the internet as an escape hatch." Bruce informed.

"Ultron." Steve muttered in a disgusted tone of voice.

"He's in everything. Files. Surveillance. Probably knows more about us than we know about each other." Natasha said.

Ryan looked down at Alexis, the two knowing that was impossible. They shared a look as if to say, Impossible. We know everything about each other. Even as serious as the situation was, nobody knew more about Ryan than Alexis and vise versa.

"He's in your files, he's in the internet. What if he decides to access something a little more exciting?" Rhodey started.

"Nuclear codes." Maria Hill added.

"Nuclear codes. Look, we need to make some calls, assuming that we still can." He continued.

"Nukes?" Natasha rolled her eyes. "He said he wanted us dead."

"He didn't say dead, he said extinct." Steve corrected and folded his arms, causing the young Stark girl to shift upward.

"Isn't that the same thing in this case?" Alexis raised her eyebrows.

No one said anything for a moment.

"He also said he killed somebody." Clint reminded.

"But who? We're all here." Alexis pointed out.

"Yeah, there wasn't anyone else in the building."

"Yes there was." Tony replied, glumly and showed them a destroyed 3D image.

"Jarvis." Ryan muttered.

"This is insane." Bruce shook his head.

"Jarvis was the first line of defense. He could've shut Ultron down, it makes no sense." Steve stated.

"No, Ultron could've assimilated Jarvis. This isn't strategy, this is...rage."

Suddenly, Thor stomped into the lab and picked Tony up by his neck.

"Hey!" Alexis jumped up. "Put him down!"

She jumped up so fast, it felt as if the tiredness had completely gone away and her senses her heightened.

"Whoa. It's going around." Clint widened his eyes.

"Come on. Use your words, buddy." Tony choked out.

"I have more than enough words to describe you, Stark." Thor growled.

"Thor! I said put...him...down!" Alexis exclaimed and kicked his legs, causing him to lose his grip on Tony who had to regain his balance.