FOUR

"I'm telling you, Lexi, it's another memory!" Ryan whisper-shouted

"No," Alexis shook her head. "Ryan—."

"You're trying to forget it, but that's obviously not going to work because you're dreaming about it. It's the enhanced girl, Wanda Maximoff, she messed with your mind and it triggered the memories that you've tried so hard to push away." Ryan explained.

"How do you know her name?" Alexis raised her eyebrows.

"What?"

"The female enhanced. Wanda Maximoff. How do know her name?" Alexis asked again.

"Um. After you fell asleep I may or may not have...talked to Steve. More like bothered, but I knew that Maria Hill probably had information on the enhanced, but she scares me sometimes so I decided to ask Steve instead." He answered.

"Maria Hill scares you more than a man with huge muscles who could knock you out in with punch?" Alexis squinted at her best friend.

Ryan slightly nodded.

"Understandable." She sighed. "What am I going to do?"

"I don't know, but I'm here, Lexi. I always will be." Ryan replied and rubbed her shoulder.

She gave him a small smile and rested her head on his shoulder.

Alexis fell asleep once again and was back where she usually was, remembering those same painful memories.

"Why are you doing this anyway, what do you want from us?" Alexis asked the figure.

"That's not important. What's important is the you're here and I have you in my clutch." The figure replied.

"But what do you want from us! Why are you keeping us trapped here and torturing us?" Alexis asked once again.

"Do you really want to know? It's because your disgusting. You and the rest of your team that you call heroes. I chose you first because you're the weakest and you matter the least, but I couldn't just stop there. I took her too, the one you love the most, the person who makes you whole, your girlfriend Rebecca. Now not only are you weak, by taking your girlfriend I have also made you vulnerable." The figure explained.

"Well you'll never get away with it! I'll make sure of it! You'll never get away with this you piece of shit!" Alexis screamed in rage.

"We'll see about that." He growled and pressed the button.

Rebecca let out the same gut-retching screams, that caused Alexis more pain than those awful shocks.

"No! Just leave her be! She did nothing!" Alexis cried.

The figure laughed and laughed and laughed, the painful screams and awful sobs causing him joy.

Alexis woke up sweating yet again. She couldn't escape, she just couldn't escape it.

She swallowed and ran her hand through her brown curls. Looking out the window, she saw that it was already morning.

"Ryan. Ryan wake up." Alexis panted and shook him.

"What the...Alexis? Why are you panting and sweating? Did you have another dream again?" He sat up.

She decided to lie and shake her head no.

"I'm just really hot."

"Oh. Well, good morning."

"Yeah. Good morning." She fake smiled.

Though it was the start of a new day, all she could think about was the fact that later tonight she would have to go to sleep yet again and re-live another miserable memory.