Chapter 4

Vernon was being suspiciously nice today - well nice for his standards. He was quite through out the car ride to the station, not even one insult. He then actually helped Harry with his luggage by putting it on the trolley for him. Harry new something was definitely up, not just because of the kindness, but also because of the huge smirk the huge man was sporting.

Harry knew what it was, he wasn't stupid. The train station didn't have fraction platforms and his train ticket specifically said "platform nine and three quarters". For now though, he was just going to enjoy the silence, he doesn't get it often after all.

Harry could faintly hear a women screeching about the platform and muggles, as if trying to draw attention. He wondered if they were doing it for any muggle-born-and- raised witches and wizards or if she actually didn't know about the secrecy thing Draco had told him about. Sure non of the muggles would actually know what she's talking about, but if they stopped to watch the 'weirdo' that was talking and saw them walk through the barrier then there's going to be problem, isn't it? Unless there was magic around that drew their attention away from the platform. That could make sense. But is there?

Harry was brought out of his thoughts when his uncle pushed his trolley into his side. He had 'oh so kindly' offered to help with that as they were walking. "There you go boy, platform 9 and platform 10. Hmm. I don't see your platform." Vernon had a way to smug look on his face. Harry frowned, did he seriously forget all about magic on the day he was to say 'goodbye' to his nephew that was off to a magic school.

Harry nodded at his uncle and slowly closed his eyes. He knew his uncle was irritated at the lack of reaction got. "You are not coming home with me boy! Wasting my time." He mumbled the last bit, obviously angry. Harry just shrugged and headed to the wall between the 2 platforms. He slowly made his way through the barrier just to spite his uncle, knowing he was still watching.

The first thing that caught Harry's attention was a crimson red steam train. Then Harry registered the sounds of chatter and various animals. The smell of the place mostly consisted of the smoke of the train, but you could also faintly make out the scent if all the animals.

Harry walked down the platform to get closer to the back of the train. He struggled to actually get on the train though, he wasn't treated the best at the Dursley's and that had a massive impact on his strength. He was thankfully saved when a boy with a pair of flaming red hair came up to him. He wore robes that looked to have been 2nd-hand and didn't seem that much older than him. 

"Want a hand?" He asked, looking at Harry's trunk as it landed on his toe. Harry nodded with a pant. "Oi, Fred! C'mere and help!" Harry saw another red head identical to the one in front of him come up in response. With the twins' help, the trunk was  on the train and pact away in a compartment in no time. With closer inspection, Harry noted the small differences in the 2 brothers. One had slightly more freckles and lighter eyes, while Fred leant more to his right than the other and tended to start speaking when they would swap in sentences.

"What's that?" Fred started when they got off the platform. "Blimey." The other one - which Harry still didn't know the name of -  exclaimed, looking at Harry's scar. "Are you-?" Harry mentally slapped himself, he should have covered that up. "He is," The nameless twin continued. "Aren't you?" he added. Harry nodded and quickly got out his handy pad and pen. "Please don't tell anyone you saw me? I want to avoid the attention for as much as I can." The twins read the little note and gasped at the realization that The-boy-who-lived was actually here. "No problem!" they said together.

"Fred? George? Are you there?" a woman's voice called. "Coming, Mum!" The twins yelled back. So George was the now-named twin's name. With one last look at Harry the twins turned to leave to their family. Harry took a seat next to the window where he could still see the people on the platform. The interaction with the twins sparked his interest, the seem like fun people and, judging by the mischievous glint in their eyes that seem to have been there their whole lives, could be dangerous when they want to. He'll probably have to get to know them more though before he could see if his accusations are right.

Harry got comfortable in his seat and reached for a book in his trunk. His relatives acted like he didn't even exist in the month between Hagrid showing up and school. He was able to read his books for school in his new found free time and even go back to Diagon Alley for more. He found he quite enjoyed runes and potions (once he understood a few of the new words that come with the magical world) as they didn't need a wand, just the correct resources. He decided on a potions book for the train ride home as he only got to do runes in 3rd year.

So for now he was gonna burry himself in the different uses of different ingredients while he waits for Draco to find him. Harry did after all, come a little earlier than his blonde friend said he was coming. He did not need to stay in the same house as the family of whale, horse and pig.