The Tall Boy With Brown Hair and Eyes

I met him in my second year of high school. He was tall with brown hair and eyes. Everyone knew him, but for some reason I never really noticed him. Every girl knew him at least. Though I had a boyfriend last year. Takashi, we broke up though and he moved away. But, I did notice the tall brown-haired boy now. The way he smiled at all the girls who looked his way. It was intriguing. 

      She slid the door open to the classroom walking over to her seat. Her long blond hair flowing behind her as she walked. She put her bag down letting out a sigh a and said," Another day of pointless learning." It might not be as bad if I had friends, but I don't have any. I'm a loner. It doesn't bother me that much, it's just boring. At least I have volleyball practice to look forward to. She thought. 

     The door to the classroom slid open and she looked up to see a tall boy with spiky dark hair standing in the doorway. Oh, yea wasn't he on the boy's team. Iwizumi I think his name was. "Sigh." 

        "Sakura-chan can you come here for a moment?" Called Chiharu Fujimori a tall girl with tan skin and jet black hair. 

"Ah! Sure Fujimori-chan!" she said running over to her. 

"You can call me Chiharu! No need to be so formal, we've known each other for a while!" She said.

 "True, call me Ren then!" she said smiling at her.

 "Alright! I wanted to ask you about the game coming up. Have you thought of a good strategy yet?" Chiharu asked. 

Ren paused for a moment thinking about the team they were facing in a few days. "Hmm… well there a defensive team right? We'll need to be able to doge their blockers and not let them get clean receives" She said after a moment 

"Yea we better come up with something soon or the third years will scold us haha," Chiharu said. 

"Yea that won't end well," Ren said with a bit of a worried expression on her face. 

        She continued to practice her sets for the rest of the practice. Then headed home. 

      I'm glad we won the first round she thought walking around the sports center looking at all the boy's teams play. Then something caught her eye. Hey! Wait isn't that our jerseys?! Then she saw him. The tall boy with brown hair and eyes. Tōru Oikawa. 

   Taken aback from seeing him she clasped the bars of the balcony that overlooked the court. It's him!! She stared at him watching him play intensely. He's...he's… The most amazing setter I've ever seen! 

    From then on Ren Sakura went to see every one of his games. On this particular day, it was cloudy and cold for May but she was there watching him.

     "Hey, Iwa-Chan." Oikawa said to his best friend Hajime Iwazumi 

"Yea?" Iwa replied looking at his best friend wondering what he was going to say.

"I think that girls gone to every single one of our games this year," Oikawa said kinda shocked. 

"Wow really? Which one?" Iwa asked starting up at the bleachers. 

"The girl with the blond hair, in the Seijoh uniform," Oikawa said looking up at them now too. 

"Ya know… I think your right. She has." He said kind of amazed at her dedication.

"I wonder if she's my fan. I mean if course she is every girl loves me." Oikawa said. 

"Oh, would you stop with that!" Iwa said hitting Oikawa on the head.

 "OW! Iwa-Chan that hurt!" He wined. 

“Stop being so annoying then!” Iwa replied back at him glaring and walking away. 

    Did they just look over here?! They didn’t right?! Im just seeing things. She thought a little flustered at the thought that two popular boys were looking at her. She ignored the thought and went back to watching the game. 

    The game had finished and Ren walked towards the entrance making her way through the crowds of people. She walked out of the entrance but only made it a few feet out before she noticed something. Or rather someone. It was him. The tall boy with brown hair and eyes. Beside him stood Hajime Iwaizumi too. She stopped for a second the looked down at her feet and tried to quickly walk past the two boys.

    “Hey!” A voice called out to her.

    “H-Huh?” She said flustered, spinning her head around to see who had called her. 

    There standing there smiling at her was the tall boy with brown hair and eyes. She stared at him confused as to why he had called out to her. 

    “Me…?” She asked looking around to see if he was talking to someone else. 

    “I noticed you’ve been to every one of our games. Are you a fan?” He asked, smiling at her. 

    “Uh...Well, yea. I saw you play one time and… I think you’re an amazing setter! I want to be able to play like that” She blurted out not really realizing what she had just said. 

    He looked at her a little shocked at what she had just said. He didn’t expect a girl so short to play volleyball. Iwa nudged him cause he was just staring at the girl not saying anything.

“You play volleyball? Aren’t you kind of short? I thought you were in middle school!” He asked kneeling down in front of her smiling. 

    “HA?! I’m a second year you know! Im not even that short!” She yelled at him angrily. 

    “How tall are you then?” He asked standing up and walking closer to her so he was looming over the short girl. “What’s your name, by the way, I don’t think I’ve seen you before.” 

“.... 5’2…” she said blushing embarrassed by her short height. 

“HAHAHA! 5’2!? You’re a midget!” He said laughing at her. 

“UGH! Shut up.” She said walking off mad at what he had just said to her.

“Aw, she left. I never even got her name.” Oikawa said looking at her walking away. 

“That’s your fault you know, shouldn’t have provoked her,” Iwa said to Oikawa. 

Oikawa was about to respond to him when something caught his attention. A group of girls walked by talking with each other. 

“Did you hear about that girl?” One girl said. “The one that tried to copy the setter from Aoba Josai and lost?” another said.  “Yea, what a joke!” Said the first girl. The girls walked away laughing and making fun of her. 

Oikawa and Iwa looked at each other. It couldn’t have been her.