Fair Skin

Fair skin 

Iwaizumi looked at his phone puzzled at the message he had received. It was just a voice memo with no context to the text. He told his captain that he had to take care of something and played the voice memo. Ren’s voice played, she was just saying something about being on the volleyball team. But things changed quickly as a second voice came on insulting the girl. Ren answered calmly and another girl insulted her. This time when Ren responded she sounded mad, it sounded as if she tried to walk away then she yelled and it ended. 

Iwaizumi looked concerned as he walked back into the gym telling Oikawa to come over to him. He explained the situation to Oikawa and they both ran out of the gym to find Ren. 

I think I lost them. Ren thought as she began approaching the boy’s gym. She looked a little tired but she could handle it.

“Sakura!!” A male voice urgently called out to her. She stopped running and looked to see who called her. Iwaizumi was running over to her with Oikawa both looked a bit worried. 

“Iwaizumi!” Ren called out running towards him. 

“Are you alright? I got your voice memo.” He said putting his hands on her shoulders. 

“Yea I’m okay. I just didn’t know what would happen so I did that…” She said. “Besides you said to tell you if anything happened.” She said laughing a bit.  

“I did tell you to do that.” He said chuckling a bit. “Glad you’re okay though.” He turned to Oikawa who had said nothing during this whole situation. “Shittykawa. You need to confront those girls about this.”

“Yea I know,” Oikawa said placing his hand over his eyes and sighing.  “Sakura-chan,” Oikawa said turning to Ren. “Can I borrow your phone please?” He asked doing puppy dog eyes. 

“Yea...I guess so why do you need it though?” She asked sighing at the tall boy’s pleading. She was tired and didn’t want to miss too much practice. She handed Oikawa her phone and he gladly took it from her. 

“For proof.” He said then grabbed Rens’s arm and started running. Ren's face heated up her fair skin changing to light pink.  

Now Ren is fairly fit and runs twice a day but she is very short. So when the six-foot-tall boy began running she had trouble keeping up. The small girl tripped on her own feet and almost fell a few times. She tried her best to keep up with Oikawa but his long legs made it difficult for her.

“Oikawa-san!” She yelled while trying to keep up with him. 

“What's wrong?” Oikawa asked stopping to look at the short girl. He noticed how out of breath she was realizing he probably had something to do with it. 

“Can you slow down…? I'm fit and all but you're like a foot taller than me. There's no way I can keep up.” She said putting her hands on her knees trying to catch her breath.

“Oh, sorry Sakura-chan,” He said, grabbing her hand again then running again this time slower. 

“You can let go of my hand,” Red said laughing a bit. He did so then looked at the girl. Despite her short appearance, the girl was running at a pretty good pace. Her face was focused and serious and her blond hair blew in the wind as she ran along with the ribbon tied in it. 

They finally came to a stop as Ren pointed out the girls. They immediately noticed her and glared her way then noticed Oikawa standing beside her. A wave of confusion crossed all three girls' faces as they looked at the two standing together. Oikawa walked over to the girls and Ren ran up to him not wanting to be left behind.