New Friends

It had been a few days since Ren had her run-in with Oikawa’s fangirls and Ren had been eating with Oikawa and Iwa every day since. Mitsuki would join in too if she didn’t have music club. On this warm May day, Mitsuki did have music club. 

Ren slid open the door to the classroom they would eat in. She looked in to see Iwaizumi sitting alone. 

“Hm? Where Oikawa-san?” Ren asked walking over to where he was sitting, closing the door behind her. 

“No idea. He probably got caught up by his fangirls again.” Iwa said his voice and expression showed he was mad at this. 

“Well, guess we'll just eat the two of us. Mitsuki has Music Club so it’s just us.” Ren said sitting across from him. 

He looked up at her and said, “Do you know what you’re implying when you say it like that?”

“Yea, well I don’t see you that way so it doesn’t matter,” Ren said looking at him. 

“That was pretty straightforward,” He said laughing a bit. 

“I have my moments,” Ren said laughing too. 

There was a silence after that where neither said anything. They both just sat there eating their lunches. 

“You think Oikawa-san will show up?” Ren asked looking at the door. 

“Who knows. He’s so flaky God.” Iwaizumi grumbled. 

Ren laughed at the spiky-haired boy’s comment, then said,” I think he means well though.” 

“Your only saying that cause you haven’t known him as long as I have,” Iwa said. 

“Haha, maybe. How long have you two known each other for anyway?” Ren asked him. 

“Forever pretty much,” Iwa said a hint of a smile curling upon his lips. 

“Wow. I’ve known no one that long,” Ren said gazing out the window. Iwaizumi looked at the girl, a hint of sadness in her eyes. 

“What, you thinking about how you wish you knew Oikawa that long?” Iwa asked smugly. 

“Huh? No, of course not!” Ren said angrily, her face turning red as she glared at Iwa. 

“Sure,” Iwa said, dragging out the word. 

“What if Oikawa walked in!” Ren said. 

“I see you dropped the “san,” Iwa said smugly. 

“Oh shut up!” Ren said standing up and slamming her hands on the desk. 

“Pffft. Sakura I won’t tell him. You don’t need to get upset.” Iwa said laughing a bit. 

“Sorry…”  Ren said, her cheeks heated up from embarrassment as she sat down. 

“It’s okay,” Iwa said laughing to himself. He looked up at her and said. “I mean, you do like him right?” 

“Aren’t you the one who thinks I do?” Ren said, glaring at him a bit. 

“Well yeah, but I don’t want to just assume your feelings,” Iwa said. He was being strangely considerate. 

“Well, when you put it that way… Uh, yea… I do like Oikawa.” Ren said, staring at the door. She was scared Oikawa would come in or overhear her. 

“Mmm Thought so. Every girl.” Iwa said looking at his now empty lunch. 

“Does it bother you? That everyone pays attention to Oikawa and not you?” Ren asked, looking at him. 

“... A bit,” Iwa said looking out the window. He couldn't face the small girl directly. 

“Makes sense if you think about it. No one wants to be in someone else's shadow.” Ren said. 

Iwa looked at Ren who was now looking out the window. Before Iwa could say anything though the door to the classroom slid open. Ren and Iwa turned their heads to see Oikawa who was very late. 

“Wow, you're late,” Ren said her face unamused. 

“I’m sorry! Some girls stopped me on my way here.” Oikawa said, walking over to sit beside Ren. 
“What, are your friends less important than your fangirls?” Iwa asked, glaring at him. 

“Of course not Iwa-chan! You and Sakura-chan are way more important than them!” Oikawa said his lips formed into a pout pairing it with his puppy dog eyes. 

Ren was taken aback by this comment but eventually found the words to answer, “ I thought I was just one of your fangirls.” 

“No, Sakura-chan you're a friend,” Oikawa said. 

Ren looked out the window again then said, “...Really?” 

“Mhm!” Oikawa said nodding his head profusely. 

“Ahem! If you two love birds,” Iwa said, drawing their attention over to him. 

“Huh-” Ren said, her face becoming very red at the spiky-haired boy's comment. Oikawa just stared at Iwaizumi, not saying anything. 

Iwa laughed then said, “ Are you guys free this weekend?” 

“Hm? Yea I am why?” Ren said looking up at Iwa. 

“I am too,” Oikawa said doing the same as Ren. 

“Well, I’m not. You two should hang out.” Iwa said turning to look out the window. 

“H-Huh?! Iwa- Iwaizumi what are you-” Ren tried to say but was cut off by Oikawa. 

“Why would we go without you Iwa-chan?” He said. 

“Why not? You don’t go out much do you Sakura?” Iwa said looking at Ren. Oikawa looked at her too. 

“Uh well… Not really. But still!” She said trying to give Iwa the memo that she did not like his idea. What is he trying to pull?! Ren thought mad at Iwa. 

“See don’t let me drag you two down,” Iwa said. Ren and Oikawa looked at each other both not saying anything. Ren looked nervous and her cheeks were red with embarrassment. She was dead obvious. Oikawa looked at her with no expression really on his face. 

“Well, if Oikawa-san is okay with it then I’ll go,” Ren said a small smile began forming on her lips. She tilted her head slightly then smiled letting out a pleased sigh. 

“Alright then… I guess it’s okay.” Oikawa said kind of awkwardly. 

“If you don’t want to, you don’t have to! I should probably study anyway!” Ren said putting her hands up in front of her. 

Iwa and Oikawa looked at each other then Oikawa said, “It’s fine don’t worry. It’s not like Im doing anything this weekend.” 

“Ahaha…” Ren said, turning her head away to look at her shoes. 

“When you say it like that it sounds bad Shittykawa,” Iwa said, glaring at his friend. 

“Ah, sorry Sakura-chan,” Oikawa said, looking at her. 

“It’s fine.” She said standing up. “ I should probably head back to my class. I don’t want to be late.” She then slid the door open to the classroom and walked out then left. 

“You're an idiot,” Iwa said. 

I had a tone of fun writing this chapter! There was so much dialogue! I hope you enjoyed It!- Ren