A date!?

Ren was getting ready for her “Date” with Oikawa. Instead of just tying her hair in the back she had braided it and pulled back tying it off with a pink ribbon. She looked in the mirror to see what it looked like. “Ah! It’s so cute! Yay! Now to figure out what to wear.” She said to herself. 

Oikawa was waiting for Ren to show up for their so-called “Date” that Iwa had set up. He stood there waiting, his perfect brown hair blowing in the wind. His face was expressionless but there was a hint of annoyance in it. 

“Sorry, am I late?” A voice asked, breaking him out of his thoughts. He turned his attention over to the girl who had called him. Her blond hair subtly blowing in the wind pulled back by two braids. Her blue eyes looking up at him. 

“Sakura-chan. No, you're not late I just got here early.” Oikawa said, looking at her. 

“Ah, that’s good! I was worried I was late!” Ren said smiling warmly at him. She looked so happy. Looked like she was excited, Oikawa thought. She had dressed up after all. She was wearing a pink gingham mini dress with ruffled straps, which she paired with white knee-high socks with daisies on the top with a pair of simple white mary janes. She held a small bag too and wore a simple pink cardigan over her dress. 

There was an awkward silence as Oikawa stared at Ren. It was like he couldn’t stop looking at the girl. 

“Did you get taller?” Oikawa asked, crouching down to her. 

“No! It’s my shoes, they have heals.” Ren said angrily. Is that seriously why he was staring at me. Ren thought. “Anyway, so what should we do,” Ren asked. 

“Hm, I’m not sure,” Oikawa said. 

“Why don’t we find a nice cafe to go to or something?” Ren suggested walking over to Oikawa. 

“Sure,” Oikawa said. The two found a nice cafe to go to nearby then head off to go there. 

“Do you go on dates often?” Oikawa asked Ren after a few moments of them walking. 

“No, not really. I like thinking about them but I never really get to go on them.” She said, smiling a bit.  That was kind of a weird question Ren though. Her face looked happy and she seemed brighter than usual. 

“What, you never had a boyfriend before?” Oikawa asked, looking at her. 

As soon as the words came out of Oikawa’s mouth Ren stopped walking, her head tilted down and she stared at her feet. “No… I have, but I’d rather not talk about that.” Ren said her voice cold and icy. In seconds the bright demeanour she had around her was gone. She looked back up at Oikawa and smiled at him. She continued walking pretending nothing had happened. 

Oikawa looked at the small girl confused as to why she had reacted like that. He didn’t know why but was smart enough to know that prying at the girl wasn’t a good idea. So he chose to do nothing. 

The two arrived at the cafe then sat down getting their food. Ren had ordered a plain black tea, she added milk and sugar though, with some chocolate cake. Oikawa opted for an iced tea and a scone. 

“Mmm! This cake is so good!” Ren said, her face lit up as she tried it. “I could eat this every day.” 

Oikawa glanced up at looking at the girl. Even though she seemed happy, there was something off about her like she was forcing herself to be cheery. No one talked as they both enjoyed what they had ordered. Ren sighed gazing into her teacup as she clutched it. Her face was calm, almost expressionless. 

They both finished their food then left. Ren stood outside the cafe, her hair subtly blowing in the wind. She had a sympathetic smile on her face as she gazed at the sky. She turned to Oikawa and said, “ Thanks for this, I know you probably would have rather done other things today.” She said smiling at him. Except the expression was forced and Oikawa could tell. 

“Sakura-chan…,” He began, “ Why are you forcing yourself to have fun?” Oikawa asked. Ren's face suddenly went pale, her eyes widened and her mouth was open a bit from the shock. She looked away lowering her head so her bangs covered her eyes. 

“What do you mean Oikawa-san I am having fun.” She said with a forced laugh. 

“I don’t think you are. Your smile seems forced and in the cafe, you seemed like you were upset.” Oikawa said, crouching in front of her. 

Damn it so he could tell. Should have known I can’t fool him, he’s too tuned to his surroundings. “I want to have fun… but I just can’t knowing you don’t want to be here.” She said her voice and expression cold. 

She’s more observant than I thought. Granted I don’t know much about her, Oikawa thought. “Why were you excited to go on this date anyway Sakura-chan?” Oikawa said his tone of voice went back to his normal playful one. 

Oh no what do I say?! Ren thought. She had to come up with something. “Uh...well I haven’t been on any dates before so I thought it might be fun,” Ren said, trying to sound convincing. It wasn't really a lie, she hadn't been on a proper date before. 

“You haven’t? What about that boyfriend you mentioned?” Oikawa asked and they both started walking again. 

“Takashi? Uh well...he, he wasn’t really my boyfriend. He just used me…” Ren said her face looked a little sad as she talked to Oikawa. What am I saying? Why am I telling Oikawa about Takashi? Ren thought, questioning her decisions. 

Oikawa hesitated then said, “Used you?” 

“Mm, yea. He just wanted to get close to a girl I knew...but I didn’t know that.” Ren said. Tears began forming in her eyes as she recalled the memories of her ex. No, I can’t cry in front of him. 

Oikawa wasn’t quite sure what he should say or do. He then said after gathering his thoughts, “Well Sakura-chan why don’t we have some fun for real this time?” 

“Huh…what do you mean?” Ren asked, looking at him. 

“Let’s go have fun. I’m sorry I haven’t been much today, you're right I didn’t want to be here.” Oikawa said. 

“Hah, I knew it. I still don’t get what you mean though.” Ren said, smiling a bit. 

“Let’s go on a date. For real this time.” Oikawa said, smiling at her. 

Hey everyone! I'm sorry for not updating for awhile I got kind of busy and was unable to! - Ren