Chapter 19

Liam hummed softly, swaying Chris gently in his arms, shifting his weight from foot to foot in a rocking motion, the sweet tune lulling the baby easily into a deep sleep. The Omega smiled down at the way the eyelids drooped drowsily, the soft mouth loosening around his nipple gradually. The tiny little hands were curled around the edge of the blanket he was swaddled in and the little one burrowed into Liam's chest with a little sigh.

The door opened soundlessly and Zayn quickly stepped in, shutting the door carefully behind him with a soft smile aimed at Liam. He walked over to them, covering Liam's mouth with his own for a hungry kiss before planting a gentle kiss to his son's forehead, running one large finger over one tiny fist.

Zayn smiled adoringly down at their son but when his gaze shifted, raking over Liam's exposed, swollen nipples before rising to meet his eyes, Liam could see the raw heat in them. He shivered lightly, biting his lip and looking down at Chris once more. Zayn quietly moved away, taking his shoes off and exhaustedly sinking down onto the bed, sitting on the edge facing away from Liam and rubbing his hands over his face.

In the five weeks since Chris was born, they had neither much time nor energy to make love like they used to. Liam had all the help he could possibly need with the baby, and yet by the end of the day he was terribly tired.

And poor Zayn had it worse; he had several meetings nearly every day where he met with the Pureblood families that were still around to discuss Cowell, and to ensure he knew whose support he still had, and to confirm those who were shifting their loyalties to Cowell. So far, thankfully, not a lot of families had showed any inclination to join Cowell. However, if Cowell defeated Zayn and earned the title of reigning Alpha, they'd have no choice but to shift their loyalties.

Zayn himself was exhausted, not to mention desperately worried for Liam and Chris. He eagerly looked forward to helping Liam out in any way or form with the baby, and with all of it combined, he was inevitably exhausted by the end of the day despite all his Alpha strength. Liam knew from his own mounting need for the Alpha that Zayn probably was even more fiercely aroused than he himself was. But in the past few weeks, they'd not had much time or energy for anything more than a few swift blowjobs and on some occasions, Zayn's rapid fingering of Liam's arse.

Knowing full well that they were both beyond the point of breaking, Liam excitedly braced himself for the thorough pounding he was sure to receive anytime soon now. His stomach clenched and heat shot through him as his hole clenched and began to leak.

Liam moved to place the baby in his little cot that they kept in their room; the little prince had his own room of course, an elaborately decorated nursery, but for the nights, both Zayn and Liam preferred if he was within their sight and reach. He covered Chris carefully, ensuring his hands and feet were tucked inside and straightened up with a soft sigh, pressing a kiss to his hand and then running his fingers through Chris' hair gently.

He pulled his hair out of the little knot he'd tied it up in before his shower and let it tumble down his back as he slowly rounded the king sized bed, approaching Zayn. His shirt still hung open although the smell of milk that usually clung to him was absent, seeing as he'd only just showered a few minutes before he'd picked up Chris.

Zayn was still rubbing his face, sitting hunched over, and Liam wished for the millionth time that he could help in some way. But Zayn would become nearly hysterical when Liam offered to help with Cowell and Liam knew there was no use pressing it.

He ran his fingers softly through the Alpha's thick black hair and smiled when Zayn straightened and looked up at him.

"Hey," Liam said softly, cradling Zayn's head when the Alpha leaned forward to rest his face against Liam's belly, now once again flat and soft. "How'd the meeting go?"