good night (wilbur x reader)

here's that wilbur thing i promised haha enjoy >:) in this one, the reader is sensitive to sound so if you actually are, congrats and i hope this depicts all of the emotions one might feel! if you aren't, i hope this helps you see what it might feel like for others! im not super sensitive to sound considering i have been to like two concerts with deafening music and i was the super loud girl in the cafeteria that you could hear all the way down the hall so you can only imagine how used to loud sound i am jfsldjfslkfjdsl

tw// panic attack

music boomed all around you, your friends who were originally right next to you were now not even remotely close to you. you weren't exactly forced to come but you also weren't very willing when you saw a text from your friends asking if you would join them for a house party at an address you had never heard of in your life; they told you it would only be a few people but even that was a lie. when you arrived with them, it only took an hour for all of them to disburse. the way the party was going, though, you were more afraid of accidentally letting yourself become another number on a chart then being alone, carrying the same soda close to you throughout the night. you glanced around the living room where a lot of people were holding red solo cups or dancing with someone or both. with that, you knew the room was bound to get even more crowded as you checked your phone: it was already 12:46 a.m. "they promised we were gonna leave hours ago." you mumble to yourself, seeing one of your friends passed out on the couch and the others were all paired up in a dance with different people. after a few minutes, when you were making the decision to ditch your drink and leave on your own or walk to the bus stop just a few houses away, the music gets amped up without warning. with the sudden rise in volume, you jump in surprise and almost crumple into a ball; you were the person people put headphone warnings for before certain parts in youtube videos. you'd been sensitive to sound since you were young, sudden eruptions of noise making you cry or begin to get a headache that would last you for hours after so being here now was pure hell that you hadn't prepared for. the drink you had was long forgotten as it tipped out of your hand and onto the floor below you, your hands going to hold your head and your eyebrows furrowing as you closed your eyes. more people made their way into the living room where someone had now dimmed the main lights: that did it. hot tears started to stream down your cheeks as you slid your back down the wall, holding your head and trying your best to relax. what were the breathing techniques you had learned online? everything felt like it was closing in on you. what good were those inhales and exhales now? how
"you don't look like you're having fun!"
"what?"
you almost thought what you heard was some random song lyric instead of an actual person, but you soon realized that there was someone next to you when you heard the voice over the music again.
"I SAID-"
"no, wait, sorry, i heard you the first time! just thought it was the music!" you shout back to the person next to you, almost going to grab your drink on instinct.
"oh, sorry! you weren't looking so good, so i thought i could ask you if you wanted to go get some air! out front preferably!" the person says, getting a bit closer now. for that moment, you had to weigh your options: go outside with a complete stranger who seemed to have good intentions or stay inside with more than one complete stranger who could care less about your mental state right now. "i'll meet you out there!" you shout as the person in front of you shouts an "ok!" to you. you quickly start to make your way past anyone blocking the way to the living room exit or the front door, almost running out of pure desperation to learn who you were just talking to and to just get away from all this noise. almost like a horror movie, noise follows you out and is muffled as soon as you close the door behind you, feet meeting a wood porch instead of tile or carpet now.
"um, hey."
you turn and embarrassingly feel your cheeks heat. a man stands in front of you and he is definitely a bit (a lot) taller than you. now that you were in better lighting, you could see the person who you had so easily followed. his hair was brown and a little bit messy and he wore a pair of round glasses on his nose. much unlike the clothing made for parties everyone else was wearing inside, he had on a green sweater and white washed jeans with a pair of white tennis shoes on: in short, this guy was cute.
"hey.."
he sits on the porch steps and you join him, the sounds of the night and the muffled music almost instantly soothing you if it weren't for the slight headache you still had. "feeling better? uh, my name is wilbur, by the way." the man sitting next to you says as you lean against the railing of the porch steps. "i'm (y/n). and i have a headache but it'll go away once i get home and take an advil or something." you say to which wilbur nods in understanding. it's quiet between you two again before wilbur clears his throat. "did you get dragged here too?" he says, playing with the ends of his sweater sleeves. "um, yes? i don't know, kind of, not really." you say, picking at your nails equally nervous; you couldn't remember the last time you talked to someone so attractive. "yeah, no, i did. i'm a party person when its only a few people and not a huge house full of sweaty people." he says, making you laugh but making your head throb a bit. "was it also your intention to show up and meet someone having a panic attack at a party? or is this your mo for when you kill people you meet at parties?" you say with a smile, wilbur blushing softly.
"the second one."
that makes both of you laugh, this time your head not hurting at all. "you sure are a comedian. is that why your friends brought you along?" you say, sitting closer to wilbur. "nah. i'm just the 'i ain't ever seen two pretty best friends' guy." he says, making you laugh again and in that moment you realized.
"your voice. i think your voice is the reason i trusted you so well."
wilbur blushes at that, his reaction making you giggle. "what? has no one told you that?" you say, resting your elbow on your knee and your chin on your palm. "not so suddenly or so confidently, no. does that mean something?" he says, looking back at you: you were the one who blushed this time. he grins at that, looking up at the night sky.
"um, w-what were you going to do before this? you know, before you got dragged to this thing?"
"a movie. i was going to go see a movie, actually. it's too late now." wilbur says, his confidence growing at your sudden shyness from his flirting. just when you think he's going to sit closer to you, he stands and outstretches his hand to you.
"will you join me? it'll be an action movie or something, whatever you fancy more."
you look at his hand then him, more than sure you were blushing now as he smiled a smile that you were now coming to find was intoxicating and contagious as you smiled up at him as well. you almost felt electricity as your hand took his, your headache and panic attack long forgotten as you stand up with his help.
"promise you won't kill me?"
wilbur laughs as he starts to walk, your hand still holding his.
"i'll try my very best to overcome my thirst for blood."
you tip your head back in laughter at that: you had a very good feeling this was going to be the best part of your night.

that's the end !! was it uneventful/anticlimatic ?? god i sure hope not, im actually kind of proud this one bc of how nice it turned out but it could just be my imagination lol but i hope you all enjoyed it !! this was thankfully longer than the last one and the next one will be 1) a tubbo x reader bc he makes me go <3 and 2) longer (hopefully lol)
stay safe, happy reading, and i love you all !! <3