christmas miracle (dreamsmp x reader)

a little happy christmas thing :)
btw this is 1) platonic and 2) taking place in the present (during quarantine basically) !!

ALSO 7K????? THAT'S MY CHRISTMAS GIFT LMAOOOOOO THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH

tw// i don't think loneliness should have a trigger warning but i just want to be safe! i hope you guys are safely spending the holidays with your loved ones !! :))

with a deep sigh, you threw yourself onto your bed and buried your face in your pillow. it was finally christmas day and you were alone. you tried to remind yourself to not be surprised considering your parents had cancelled family get-togethers; "it's too risky." but what you had forgotten was that didn't mean that EVERYONE you knew was not doing anything today. all your friends had their own families, your parents and grandparents had each other, and even your older sibling had their college friends, and you had your small christmas tree in your kitchen and your almost dead houseplant: to put it simply, there wasn't much you could do today as a streamer. you had considered live streaming just to pop in to say 'hello' to anyone who might be in the same state as you, but for one reason or another, it felt selfish: you knew most of your audience was still living at home and would also be spending time with their family just like everyone else and the idea of interrupting that just because you had attachment issues made your stomach do flips. instead, you scrolled through social media and put things you were never going to buy in your amazon shopping cart. just as you were making the decision to order something from the few food places that were open, your phone buzzed in your hand to let you know that you had gotten a message.

karljacobs_
hey (y/n)!!

you open his text on instagram somewhat hesitantly. wasn't he the first person to tell you and everyone else on the server that he wouldn't be online at all on christmas day?

[your user]
hey ^^

karljacobs_
what are you up to??

[your user]
nothin much
i was about to head to bed

karljacobs_
booo that's boring
oh shit sorry i hope that doesn't sound mean
but lets do something!!!

you raise your eyebrow at that.

[your user]
do soemthing??
like what

karljacobs_
idk mess around on the dreamsmp??

[your user]
just us?
omg are you in love with me 😍

karljacobs_
no but if you are in love with me do tell
vc on discord???

you stared at your wall before looking out the window where the sun was only minutes away from setting. you had to weigh your options: spend time with one (1) friend for what could be 5 minutes or 5 hours or go to sleep and still wake up alone. you only hum in response to the thought process your brain was going through.

[your user]
sure what the heck

karljacobs_
NICE
give me a minute

and after an hour, there was still no word from karl. you had called him and texted him, but there was no response at all. by then, the stars and moon were in the sky and you were plenty frustrated: who wouldn't with such false hope? you hear your phone buzz and out of spite, don't respond to whatever text you just got. instead, you continue to prepare your snack, raiding your own pantry. by the time you were done, your phone went from buzzing to playing your ringtone over and over again. you finally give in and go to see that surprise, surprise, karl was calling you. you grumble and curse under your breath as you begrudgingly answer the call.
"where are you? i've been waiting this whole time!"
you don't respond instantly, clenching your fists and quietly stomping around your kitchen before finally willing yourself to say something.
"you didn't call me until now, karl."
"sure, whatever, join the voice chat. but you have to close your eyes as soon as you log in to the dreamsmp and join the voice chat, i made something super cool."
you agree to this and head back to your office/pc room with your snack where you have your entire setup. you were so tempted to not join or ignore karl out of spite, but this was the most company you were getting this holiday season and you weren't going to mess this up just for your dignity. you pulled up discord and logged into the dreamsmp, sighing softly before joining the voice chat and closing your eyes.
"(y/n)! hold on, i'm putting on the finishing touches!"
"sure, fine." you say, propping your chin on your hand as you hear the sounds of karl tapping away on his computer and the occasional audio of him hitting another player and laughing a bit. "are you sure its just us? sounds like you're killing someone." you say, a hint of a smile on your lips. you get no response then and not even when you call his name.
and with that, you're officially mad.
"look, karl, this shit isn't funny! you told me you wouldn't be around today and instead, you're fucking around with me! what the h-"
"open your eyes!"
from the joy in his voice, you knew he hadn't heard a thing you said which only further angers you. you open your eyes, ready to go apeshit on karl before you go quiet.
the area where you had set yourself up on the server had been decorated as nicely as a goofball like karl possibly could: not surprisingly, there was a danny devito poster right next to your door. you open the door and walk in to see that there is a cake in the middle of the room and several decorations that made it look like they had put up lights, a christmas tree, and a little too much mistletoe. you turn your character to look at karl who is also inside with you.
"what kind of crap is this?"
"don't worry about that, that's not for you. that's for everyone else, they were all making out."
before you can say a word, you're launched into a loud array of "MERRY CHRISTMAS"s, the sound breaking up from how many people were now in the call. you were still completely overwhelmed as they broke into conversation immediately after. (you get to guess who is saying what lol, almost everyone has one line lol)
"oh my god, that was so loud!"
"i didn't think the mics would-"
"SORRY, MOM, WE HAD A SURPRISE THING, WE HAD TO BE LOUD!"
"MAMA, NO MAS ES UNOS CINCO MINUTOS-"
"i can't believe it was on cue!"
"i actually jumped a little bit."
"should've screamed louder, i think."
one by one, they all join the game and start to head to you and karl's coordinates. their characters crowd around yours, all of them talking at once to you or to each other. they all finally come down from their hyper moods, all of them crouching next to you or jumping or standing; they were expecting you to say something.
instead, you just sob.
wilbur, niki, tubbo, and badboyhalo are all instantly concerned, the others laughing or making confused sounds. "that's it?! that's your response to our wonderful gift?!"
"i will take that as a compliment."
"i can't believe i planned all this just for you to cry like a baby."
you try to compose yourself, taking deep breaths and rubbing your eyes, sniffling as they all try to comfort you. "sorry, sorry, i-its just...what the fuck, i did not expect this at all, oh my god." you say, partially crying and laughing. "dream didn't want to do it because he's lazy, but we convinced him." george says, making you laugh as george's character hits dream. "i'm resting, man, i need beauty sleep." dream responds to which everyone starts to call him names and yell at him. "so is this it or? i know you guys might have something to do." you say, still smiling: this really was the best part of your christmas right now. "what? no! we'll come up with something to do!" karl says, his character moving to look at you. "celebratory arson!" tommy interjects to which you and tubbo instantly cheer in agreement. as everyone starts to yell or groan in response, tommy tosses you and tubbo a flint and steel. with that, the three of you start to run towards the outside of the dreamsmp with everyone else following behind you to try and stop you guys.
and just like that, at least for a couple of hours, you weren't alone on christmas day.

TADAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
pretty sure i have carpal tunnel now writing and typing HURT AF but anything for yall uvu

as a thanks for 7k, i'm going to be writing a kind of spinoff/part 2 for this and writing a chapter of you, tommy, and tubbo wreaking havoc as they should ^^ i cannot begin to thank you guys enough for getting my book this far, this really i just for me to have fun and write about the people that make me happy and you all have made it into something more <33

i hope you guys have happy holidays and i love and appreciate each and every one of you! thank you for reading and see you in 2021, lets all wish for a better year! <3333