blind date (quackity x reader) pt.1

you have a blind date but you are each other's polar opposites
and maybe you like that
in this oneshot, you are pansexual just bc i want things to be more open <3 !! if this is a problem, please do not be afraid to contact me through dms or the comment section!

"so when is my niece gonna start dating?"
"there is a wedding in a few weeks, you know, and i still don't see you interested in anyone."
"at this point, i don't care if you're gonna date the same sex, just get a date!"
you groan in frustration as you let out another 'i know!' to your mother over the phone as you enter your apartment, holding your phone in between the side of your face and your shoulder. you held several bags in your hand, all from different stores and different styles; you weren't the kind of person to wear one specific style. "well its a good thing i'm going on this date then, isn't it? you set it up so i trust that you have chosen my soulmate." you joke, going to your bedroom and leaving the bags of clothes and accessories on your bed.
"i might as well have. i know-"
"you know me better than i know myself, i know." you say, rolling your eyes and sitting down as your mother laughs softly. "exactly. tell me how it all goes, alright? if he's creepy, i will gladly beat my friend up for you." your mother says which makes you smile.
"yeah, mom.  i need to get ready. love you."
your mother responds with a kiss before the both of you hang up and you sigh softly, looking up at your ceiling. ever since the announcement of a relative's wedding, your mother and other relatives had been on you about getting someone to go with you: all your other cousins were engaged and/or dating, so why weren't you? the simple solution was that you just didn't have time or didn't find someone that grabbed your attention; that had to be your biggest problem. any date you had been on up until this point was looking for a one night stand, marriage on the spot, or the two of you were just too different to be together. after a while, though, your mother decided to step up and do what mothers did best: find you a date. in the end, she told you about a the son of a high school friend of hers named alex. from what she told you, he was currently going to law school but had a surprisingly open schedule (a little weird for a law student) and he only agreed because he wasn't streaming. the last part made you roll your eyes and say 'good lord'. from your experience as a youtube and stream kid, most of these 'streamers' tended to be pretty eccentric: always yelling and laughing, somewhat childish, and had the iq of (maybe) a box of crayons. your saving grace was the fact that he was smart enough to go to a law school so there had to be space for intellectual conversation that wasn't about minecraft or something. instead of pondering about it too much, you got up and started to sort through the outfits you'd bought (all on sale).

this is where i show three pictures and you choose what you wore that night according to your gender and what you are comfortable with ! <3 in order, it is a femenine, masculine, and an androgynous outfit !

and you don't need make-up bc you're a bad bitch >;)

you didn't add too many accessories, only doing your hair and making sure everything looked right. soon enough, you were satisfied with what you were wearing. staring at yourself, you had a mini ted talk with your brain and made your way out there with only gum, your phone, and a wallet with cash just in case this date went downhill and you ended up having to pay for yourself. once in a taxi and on your way to the restaurant not too far, you started to think about what you were going to do. you had no idea what this alex guy looked like or how old he was: some 40 year old, misogynistic macho man could show up and you would either have to sit through it or walk out fuming. the idea of that made you nervous as the taxi pulled up to the restaurant and you payed the driver before exiting with a quiet 'thank you'. you step under the tarp that served as the front exit as you looked around, picking at your nails anxiously. your mom had only asked you to show up at 7:00 p.m. and to wait inside for him: step 2 not successful. you looked towards the door, took a deep breath and stepped inside.
it wasn't an extremely fancy restaurant, it was almost like chili's but there was more booths and no waiting area. to your demise, you had to wait by the door if you were going to be seated, meaning people walked in and you would have to profusely apologize when you blocked their way. you almost began to look around the restaurant and had to remember that this was a blind date for a reason. you checked your phone and sighed softly: 7:20. you leaned against the wall and started to dial your mom's number, watching someone scurry in. their face was somewhat flushed as they rush toward's the front desk where a woman has just seated a family of four.
"good evening, sir, how can we help you tonight?"
"hey, yeah, uh, has anyone made a reservation here? their name is (y/n)? don't ask me for a last name, though, because i don't have it."
your ears perk up at that and you lean off the wall, biting your lip as you fiddle with your fingers. as if understanding the situation, the server smiles and gestures to you behind the person who can only be alex. "i believe you two are looking for one another?" she says, making him turn around and you think he's shocked at the sight of you before he bends over and outstretches his hand.
"hi."
"um, hey.."
you hesitantly take his had and shake it slowly, an awkward silence between the two of you. he stands back up as he pulls his hand away. "sorry, i-i thought that would be funny.." alex says, standing straight up. you nod and scratch your cheek before noticing the more formal attire he was wearing. "if i had known we had to dress nicely, i would have come in my old prom dress." you say, trying to lighten the mood to which he laughs a bit and nods.
"can i get the two of you a table? i know the perfect spot."
"yes." the two of you say in unison a little too quickly, the look of desperation to get out of this awkward situation obvious in both your eyes as the server approaches you with menus.
"follow me this way."

a two parter !! this was very spur of the moment and i do know what to write next but i need to upload something this week lool i hope you guys enjoy this !! i love you guys, stay safe, and happy reading ! pls vote and comment if you like this one !! <3