Chapter 4 - Prayers , Packing and the meaning of "Poopy"

My alarm went off a long time ago and I was still tossing and turning in bed. I knew I was late but fortunately today wasn't the day I was going to Paris.

I enjoyed an extra hour of sleep, knowing the nail artist would be pissed but not as pissed as me if I were going to Paris and missed my flight.

I smiled as I turned in bed. I felt the cool atmosphere and for the first time in a long time everything felt perfect. 💕

It all was so quiet and beautiful until the freaking woman came calling out 'Poopy ' as if it were my name. I came crashing to reality as the smile disappeared from my face.

"That's not my name!" I shouted angrily and she laughed.

" It should have been since your dirty, lame and smell like poop and your skin color looks like it too. " She hissed.

Isn't she a brown skinned partially Black woman who was with a Black man?

My face bent in confusion and I rolled my eyes.

Yes, she was lighter than me, but that shouldn't matter. She shouldn't have said that .

"So that's what Poopy means that you hate Black people but you slept with a Black man?" I asked, angry as hell.

The audacity if this witch!

I got up out of bed and started taking off my sleepwear .

I was caught between wanting to punch her in the face and leaving the house today and running away even before it was time to go to Paris.

I got dressed and decided I'd sit in my room and wait until she decided to leave the house, before I went out.

She usually leaves early to go to the spa or to spend my Father's money on Chanel boots and bags.

I knew I bought my new journal for my trip to Paris, but I felt like I needed to write something to myself today. Right now I wanted to be free from the things people said about the color of my skin. I wanted to escape and so I wrote :

I am beautiful and smart
I am a work of art
I am black and pretty
Here in New York City.
I am Dark-skinned and worthy of love and support
Celebrate me or leave me all on my own
I can thrive by myself and like a flower, I bloom
My skin is dark and it shines and lights up the room

Created with Dark skin, carved with gentle curves, completed with short hair. I was made EQUAL .

*****************************

When Christina left the house, I could hear her demon child, Kyle singing the theme song of his favorite cartoon.

I had plan to go get my nails done a long time ago, but now I was going to be late.

I went and peered through my window where I could see the witch in the front taking Kyle into the car and leaving with him.

"Yes! " I celebrated as they both got into the car and she drove off.

I wished I never had to see them again.

I took my journal placed it in my old backpack that was laying on the floor, wishing that I didn't have to go back to school either after what happened with Jessica. I cried when I saw her picture in my bag, there was also a picture of the two of us, making silly faces but I knew everything would never be the same.

I threw her pictures on the floor as I sobbed,even the ones with me.

I walked out the room thinking that only God could come from Heaven to tell me that I wasn't good enough.