Chapter 8 - Dan with a Plan

When I got into the plane I sat by a slender white man with square shaped glasses and he had quickly introduced himself to me and started telling me about his life.

In two minutes I found out that , his name was Dan, He was single, a housekeeper and didn't know much about America.

A few minutes into our conversation he started over sharing and making me laugh. It was as if I was an old friend of his that he reunited with on the plane. In reality we never met each other before. We were complete strangers but people in seats nearby us would think that we were close friends.

" I went into the wardrobe at this man's house after he told me to get a coat." He went on talking and to be honest I was kinda entertained by him.

I smiled as he made expressions with his face and his hands.

" I brought him the most beautiful white coat and he got upset and told me that wasn't what he wanted! That's not what he wanted ? I was fuming. I told him to be more pacific next time or I'm not going for nothing!" The man went on and I nearly died laughing all because he said 'pacific' instead of 'specific'.

"Rich people are ridiculous. One time I asked a guy if he had any high paying work available and you know what he told me. " He smiled and nudged me with his elbow and we both giggled .

"What? What did he tell you ?" I giggled

"He said No, but we have Blowjobs ." We both started laughing uncontrollably and disturbing our fellow passengers who turned their noses up at us in disgust and when he noticed he laughed harder and you know what he told me ?

"Don't mind them they probably didnt have proper qualifications for the Blowjobs on their resume." He said and we went into a frenzy of laughter until my side ached. That's when I knew that I did a damn righteous thing when I set foot on the plane.

We kept laughing and annoying the other passengers until an air hostess approached us seriously.

" Hello there are kids on the plane." She said sternly and Dan quietly apologized.

One of the previously annoyed passengers, stuck his tongue out at us and I rolled my eyes.

For the rest of the flight, Dan fidgeted with his hands and feet, finding it hard to keep his big mouth shut .

"Dan, is the the man you work for rich or rich rich." I tried to help him by letting him know he didn't have to keep his big mouth shut.

Yes. I'm a good friend and I know it.

"Ooh, he's triple rich. He's like scam artist rich."

"Woah, that's crazy. Does he have pets"I said , trying to change the subject from any type criminal activity.

"Yes, he has a snake. He says it represents his personality well." He told me and I started to get  suspicious.

" Um ....Dan, do you work for the devil?" I asked and he chuckled.

"He's charming but no. He's not.Would you work for the Devil ?"

"Hell No!" I whisper shouted and he raised his eyebrows at me while brushing back his dark brown hair.

"Pun intended? He asked and I laughed .

"So what's your  favorite color ? " I asked and  he smiled.

"It's blue." 

There was a small silence between us before he opened his big mouth again.

"What's yours?" He asked, twisting his mouth to the side as I thought about how really glad I am that he was at the window seat of the plane as it soared through the air.

"Purple." I stared at the clouds through the window as the plane got higher and higher and then I quickly turned my head away.

"What are you afraid ?" Dan asked, his eyes wide as he leaned over towards me.

"No, I'm just excited," I laughed nervously and he saw right through me.

"It's ok. You aren't too high.We're just above the clouds." He said rubbing my back comfortingly, as if being above the clouds was comforting .

"Jeez Dan, above the clouds? Could someone be higher ?!" I asked as I slapped him on the side of his head.

He grabbed his head , with his face bent in pain. He rubbed his head , then pulled his phone out of his bag and gave it to me.

"Here, play some games. It helped me stay calm on the plane when I just started traveling."He offered and I happily took his phone after he unlocked it.

For the rest of the ride he was fairly quiet and after half an hour he fell asleep leaving me to enjoy his games all by myself. Before long he was drooling on my shoulder and I was also drifting off to sleep.

I could hear him talking in his sleep.

"I am going to win an award." He breathed hard and his voice was muffled . 

I smiled and I couldn't help but  admire him right then.

I closed my eyes, and it was as if I knew Dan my whole life even though I had just met him on the plane

"Sure you will Dan." I reassured my new, sleeping friend and I went crashing into dreamland.