Chapter 5 - New Friends, New me

I woke up this morning extra early to get to school. I was so excited and spent all my time trying my best to not look like the plain dark-skinned girl, even though I knew that the "Plain Dark-skinned girl " was simply a figment of the imagination of colorists. I took a cold shower and put on a gorgeous pink puff sleeve dress that I bought from brinaz.com. I decided to rock my natural hair today, just a small afro.

I popped out a fake flower and stuck it above my ear in my hair. I was truly in love with my fresh new look. I put on lipstick, dangling earrings, and expensive perfume. I was looking my best so the Universe would get the message that I wanted to attract the best into my life.

I was scheduled to Paris in 2 days and was tired of being in New York City because the bright lights had gotten old to my eyes and the words of colorists had become like a sword that aimed to cause pain and hurt to the ones who were "too dark".

Colorists were parasitic. They would find the darkest person they could leech off and keep sucking them dry until they had no self-love or self-worth left. Get away from them while you still can.

I took up a bright pink handbag and ditched my backpack, because why not?

I had told my Dad that I was leaving for Paris a few days before and when I went downstairs, he was staring at me, being sentimental as ever.

"They grow up so fast. It seems as if a few days ago she was learning her ABCs and now she's about to fly away from the nest forever." He smiled.

"Dad, I'm only going to Paris for two weeks. " I said smiling back and shaking my head.

"You look amazing," Dad said and I saw Christina roll her eyes and exit the room.

"Poopy's Pretty !" Kyle said when he walked into the room and saw me and I was almost flattered, too bad I couldn't accept it as a compliment because of the whole Poopy thing.

I sighed and headed to the door.

"Bye, Dad!" I said, walking towards the door.

"No breakfast?"He asked and I glanced back to look at the beautiful blueberry covered pancakes on the table. They looked yummy.

" I'm good," I told him and he smiled even more.

"Is there a special event you're going to? Is there SOMEONE special that you are going to meet ?" He asked putting emphasis on the word someone and I knew immediately what was happening.

I looked too beautiful and dressed up today for school and I was off in a hurry. He thought that there was a guy that I liked or I was going on a date, but I was dressing to attract better so I was going on a date with the Universe and not an actual guy. Not yet.

"There's no boy in my life and I don't like anybody right now." I said defensively and shut him down real quick.

We should really normalize, dressing up as a part of self-love and caring for ourselves. It really was.

"Ok, I feel you." He said, his face still covered with a big smile as if he heard some juicy gossip.

"I'll see you later," I said as I scampered through the door.

******************************************************************************************

At school I quickly became the center of attention, everyone noticed me and almost every guy did a double take just to look back at me when I passed by. Too bad their attention was no longer valuable to me . I had outgrown the need for their validation after finding out that I would never get it.

Self love is the best love , Babes.

I walked, gracefully to my classroom and halfway there I was stopped by Jill, the nice girl from the nail salon.

"Hey, Brianna! " She shouted as she ran towards me, I stopped and looked around and saw that she was running towards me with her friends following closely behind her.

"You look absolutely amazing." She said when they all reached to me and I smiled.

"Thanks."I said staring down at the ground, all the attention felt unnatural.

We walked off together.

"This is Brianna." Jill said, introducing me to her friends and they both smiled at me.

"Oh, you're so pretty. " One of her friends said, she had long silver hair, with pink highlights.

"It's just make up." I said not fully aware of what I was implying and the girl's smile soften to a concerning look, but she didn't say anything else.
"Brianna, This is Cindy and Helen. They're sisters and we've been friends for two years now," Jill beamed with pride , pointing first at Cindy, who had silver hair and her sister who was a blonde.

"Nice to meet you guys," I said as we walked towards class 4A.

The entire day we talked about fashion, makeup, relationships, and I even told them about my trip to Paris.

They were so happy and excited for me and told me to take a lot of pictures. I assured them I would.

"Single and going to Paris all by yourself, are you sure your not running off to meet some fine, sexy man ?" Cindy wondered aloud.

"Mind your own business.I'm single as hell." I joked and they laughed.

I only saw Jessica two times today in Class 4B but she managed to disappear quickly for the rest of the day with no explanation for the things she said. Sis didn't even bother to try to clear things up or apologize for what she said and to be honest I couldn't care less.
From this moment on, it was NEW friends , NEW me and I was loving it .

I took my camera out and took selfies with my three new girl friends.

Smiling pic, straight face pic and silly face pic.

I truly felt like I was in my prime.

We met up again after school and talked. We exchanged numbers and we hugged.

"I don't know when I'm going to see you again since you might meet an handsome French man and not want to come back." Helen fake cried to me, jokingly.

"I'll keep you guys updated on my trip." I told them, I hurried home to finish packing up my suitcase and putting all the credit cards, debit cards and money in my purse then I put the purse into the handbag that I was going to travel with.

After I got home and finished packing, Dad was telling me a story about his first time in Paris with mom.

He said Paris was gorgeous and the food was good, but what a lot of people never knew was that Paris was a magical place .

I cringed. Was he even serious?
We both started laughing. He kissed my forehead and I went off to bed, with the satisfaction of knowing that I was going to Paris tomorrow so I could find out how "magical" it really was for myself.

_______________________________ ______Author's Note_____________
Sorry about the late Update, guys, but I just wanted to end this chapter as perfectly as I could. Did I do a good job? What do you think about Brianna leaving all of New York City behind and venturing off to Paris, by herself ?

😘Thanks for reading and supporting .
💜- Dark Skin Wife