Helga

The sweet smell of apples and cinnamon danced through the air. A young girl was pulling a fresh-baked pie out of the small stone oven that stood on the packed dirt floor.
The home was warm despite the grey weather outside, plants covered the dirt walls, everything felt like springtime.
The girl's hair was long, a dirty blond color, her skin tan from days spent in the perfectly kept garden outside.
She had a shining presence that cast any shadow around her, away. Moving about the kitchen, pinching ingredients in there, and sifting some over there, she was just as skilled with baking as she was with growing the supplies for it, but her face wasn't as relaxed in a kitchen as it was under the sun.
"Helga! You need to calm down, dearest." A singsong voice shouted towards the kitchen if you could count that as shouting.
"You know how I get when the weather is like this, and baking is the only thing that can take my mind off of it." The young girl said, poking her head around the corner into an equally cozy living room.
There weren't plants growing all, but instead, paintings lined the walls, and mix-matched pillows lay scattered across the floor.
"The weather has a mind of its own, and it's almost as unpredictable as your father, almost." Helga's mother winked at her, and Helga couldn't help but smile.
Her mother had grown up in a well-bred magical home, but she'd had a rebellious streak and married Helga's father, who had been raised the opposite.
He spent most of his time experimenting with magic and trying to create new species of plants. The two of them had Helga and her younger brother Hugo, they both spent most of their time outdoors with Helga gardening and with Hugo painting various landscapes, which were his favorite to do.
"You know father means well," Helga said, taking a seat beside her mother on a large blue pillow.
Her mother looked just like Helga with the long dirty blonde hair, but she had sparkling blue eyes like Hugo, Helga had her father's caramel brown colored.
She laid her head on her mother's chest while she stroked Helga's long hair. "My sweet girl, you're just like your father, so much kindness." Her mother kissed the top of Helga's head,

"Kindness and acceptance are the most important things that a person can have in this world." Helga felt peaceful in her mother's embrace, and she wanted for nothing.