Helga

Helga let the warm dirt fall between her fingers. It had been so long since she sat in this garden, watching the seeds grow into plants and feeling the sun warm her skin.

Being away at school was enjoyable, meeting Rowena and learning herbology from her professors, but at the end of the day, it was good to be home.

"Helga, supper is ready!" She heard her brother call.

"I'm coming!" She shouted back. Brushing off the dirt and mud from her hands, Helga hurried into the cottage. Her mother had a dish hovering over her shoulder while she stirred a pot on the stove. Her father was pouring the glasses full of an orange-colored liquid, most likely pumpkin juice, Helga's favorite. Hugo was trying to use his wand to set the table, but silverware and plates were flying about the room.

"Maybe a bit more practice before you try setting the table with your wand." Helga's father said, and with a swish of his own, the dishes floated down and took their rightful places on the table. Helga giggled and took her seat on the lilac-colored cushion.

When everything had been set down, the rest of the family took their seats, and they had supper together. They spent the night laughing and talking about all they had missed.