Chapter 7: I Don't Hate You

A month has passed, we still pull pranks on him. He still doesn't know who is pranking him. Daniela's mom and step father, they went to jail. Dad pay to make them suffer. Dani is better and happy with Lori. Maybe our fight at the cafeteria was meant to happen, in order for Dani to finally be free from her horrible life at that house. And it also turns out, Dani's dad, left a trust fund for her. He never mentioned it because he didn't want for Dani's mom to find out.

I was getting out of the car, when someone approached me. I turned around and saw, Mike Dawson.

"Yes?"

"I've been trying to talk to you, but you're always busy. I was wondering if you would like to go on a date, this Saturday?"

He's cute, and I've never been on a date, so what the hell. "Sure."

"Great, I'll meet you at the little bakery that's located in owl street. Say 7pm?"

"Okay." I replied. He waved me goodbye and left. Although, if it's a date, shouldn't he pick me up? Eh.

"Shouldn't he pick you up? Guys always pick up their dates." I turned to see Grayson.

"Well, maybe he doesn't have a car." I shrugged. "Besides, not like I have a crush on him. I'm going for the free food." I grinned.

He chuckled. "If you were my date, I would've picked you up and gave you your favorite chocolates along with flowers. See ya later, Nikki." With that said, he left.

Okay, what was that? Grayson's been acting a little weird lately.

........

Saturday arrived and I went I the bakery. And waited for 30 minutes. I would've call him but, we didn't actually exchanged numbers so..I'm alone at the bakery enjoying a coffee.

"Nice place." I look up to see, Grayson.

"Are you following me?"

"Well, I wanted to make sure you weren't stood up. So I waited in the car. Figure after 30 minutes, the douche wouldn't show up so I came." He told me while looking at the menu.

"Charming. But why follow me, I'm sure this is a prank and it will be on Monday at the school." I shrugged.

"It wont be, because you're here with me. No girl should be stood up on their first date, that's a dick move to do. Even if you have to be with someone you hate." He smiled.

"I don't hate you, I mean I used to, but lately, you're acting nice and I really like that. This is the Grayson I grew up with and used to play tea party in the tree house." I said as he laughed.

"We threw the best tea parties. Mr. Snuggles was always hangover."

I laughed so hard at that. Mr. Snuggles was, Grayson's teddy bear.

"Yeah, I think the tree house has space for two people only, no table and no guests, now." I chuckled as he did too.

"Haven't been there in a while."

"We can always climb it, good thing is in the middle of our houses." I smiled.

Since our houses were so close, our parents build us a tree house since it was in the middle of the backyards.

"Well, not after tonight, I think we are going to gain 20 pounds, tree house wont hold us." He told me.

We laughed. The waitress arrived and brought cupcakes cookies and milkshakes.

"Since your date went to the toilet, I figured, this can count as your first date. You can say it was the sweetest date ever." He said in between bites.

"I guess I will. Thanks Gray." I smiled.

After our, I guess, date.. We went to the park. The night was beautiful. We sat on the swings and just talk.

"I'm having a great time." I smiled as I kept swinging.

"Let's swing high and see who jumps farther."

"You're on." I replied.

We started to swing and we were both going at the same pace.

"Alright, 1, 2, 3." We said in unison.

Yeah, I landed on top of Grayson. Good thing we were on sand. For the first time, I saw Grayson features. How did I not noticed his hazel eyes before. His smile and dimples.

"I have to do this." And I poked his dimples.

"What's with the pinching and the poking?" He gave me a look. I laughed.

"I'm just noticing you have a very pinch-able and poke-able face." I kept poking his dimples.

He rolled his eyes. We got up and just laughed.

"I'm surprised the swings didn't broke with us." He said as I chuckled.

"Especially after devouring all the pastries." I chuckled.

"I had a great time." He smiled.

"Same. Thanks." I smiled back.

We drove our cars back to our houses. We got out of the car and walked to my porch.

"We should go out again. I enjoyed our time today."

"Surprisingly, I did too. Thanks for a great first date." I squished his cheeks.

He sighed. "Goodnight, Nikki." He gave me a kiss on my cheek and then left.

What the, are those butterflies I'm feeling??? Why does my face feel hot. I need a cold shower. Do I like Grayson?