Chapter 27: Getting To Know You

-Grayson-

I was finally ready to talk to Mason. I'm not sure what to expect from today. But whatever, I just want this to be over with.

"Alright, I'm ready to hear it." I said as I sat in front of him.

"I know you think our biological parents only abandoned you, but they abandoned us both in the same place." He explained.

"Okay, but why didn't we get adopted together? My parents would've never separated me from you."

"Because, the lady never told them that we were twins, you see, she wasn't nice, she sold us, she was involved in some illegal shit."

I looked at him in horror. The fact that people like her exist in this world. Who the hell sells kids.

"How do you know all of this?"

"As soon as I saw your picture, I hired a Private Investigator and he informed me everything about you. He told me you were also adopted. And together we did some research. We went to that awful witch place, and pretended I needed a baby. She told me her price and all that shit."

"So she told you that she was involved in illegal shit. Just like that?"

"No, I threatened her and she had no choice but to speak. I tricked her and now she's in jail for life. I think I will do great as an FBI agent." He grinned. I chuckled.

"And your parents are fine with you searching family?" I asked before drinking my coffee.

"They would've been. They died last year in car accident. They made sure I wouldn't starve, be homeless or penniless. But I would trade all the money in the world, just so I could have them back." Tears fell down his cheeks.

"I'm so sorry about your loss." I said truthfully.

"Thanks." He wiped his tears, "now let's change subject. I'm really happy to have a brother."

"I do too, I've always wanted a sibling. Mom told me that she couldn't have kids, and that I drove her crazy, so one was enough. Imagine if she had us both." I said, he laughed.

"She would've lost it." Mason chuckled.

"Wait, what happened to our biological ones?"

"They were drug addicts, that's why they abandoned us. They died a year after abandoning us." He replied before eating his cookie.

"Eh, good riddance." I shrugged.

We finished our treats and then left the bakery. As we were walking to our apartments, Someone decided that it would be fun to be an ass.

"Hey, handsome." Mason said to Jack.

"Is he talking to you?" One of his friends asked Jack.

He laughed, "he must've hit his head, like I would ever be into a fag."

My blood was boiling, who the fuck he think he is.

"I don't understand, you told me you-"

Jack punched Mason so he wouldn't finish that sentence. Anger took over me and I charged at Jack. I don't like violence, but this asshole pissed me off so much with his comment and for attacking him. I felt protective of, Mason.

"Grayson, stop." I heard, Nikki. She wrapped her arms around my waist and I managed to calm down. "He's not worth you getting in trouble."

"Let's get away from here." Jack said to the others and they left.

"Thanks, Grayson."

"What are brothers for, right?" I smiled as he did too.

We went to our apartment, Mason came with us too.

"I thought he was different. Guess I suck at love." He plopped on the couch.

"He's an ass, there are better guys for you. Just you wait, it will come when you least expect it." Nikki told him.

"How did you two meet?"

"We met when we were toddlers. We hated each other growing up and then we fell in love." Nikki told him as I wrapped my arms around her waist.

I smiled, "and I'm happy." I kissed the tip her cute bunny nose.

"You guys are cute together. Can't wait to have nephews and nieces." He said with a cheeky smile. we shook our heads. He's definitely crazy.

I went to take a shower and Nikki went to make lunch. Mason stayed in the living-room making himself at home.

Ring!

"I'll get it." Mason said as he got up and opened the door. "Hi, how can I help you?"

-Mason-

"Since when are you so formal?" The woman asked me.

"Since forever." I grinned.

"Uh huh, what do you want and how much is it gonna cost us?" The man asked me.

"And what is a mole and freckles doing on your face, how long has it been since we last saw you at home?" The woman asked as she sat down on the couch with the man.

Oh, I get it, they think I'm Grayson. I chuckled. Grayson came out and their jaws dropped.

"Oh hey, meet Mason, my long lost twin. We got separated as toddlers." Grayson told them.

"What? And are your real-"

-Grayson-

I knew where mom was going. I could hear it in her voice.

"No mom, those assholes died a long time ago. And they're not my real parents. You guys are, that other was just a birth giver and sperm donor. Nothing more." I hugged her. She cried. Dad joined the hug.

"I'm, Mason King." He waved at them.

"So, let's eat and have a long talk cause we've missed out so much." Dad said as he gave us a look.

We sure have a long night.