Chapter 13:Hope

There was a knock on my door. I went to open it and it revealed, Grayson.

"Can I help you?"

"Just came here to invite you for some ice cream." He smiled.

"What about, Mara? I don't think she will be happy to see you with me."

He chuckled. "Mara was being clingy and wanted me back. She kissed me but I pushed her away. She's been following all day and I didn't know how to yell at her that I don't like her in that way anymore."

I chuckled. "Okay, let's go for some ice cream. Mom dad I'm leaving with Grayson, I'll be back in two hours."

"Okay honey." Mom yelled from the backyard.

We left the house and after a 20 minute drive, we arrived at the ice cream place. We entered the place, gave them our orders and then went to take a seat.

"Hey, I wanted to ask you if you have any toys when you were a kid, or clothes."

"We have them in the basement. Why?" I asked as our orders came.

"I always go to this place called, Hope. It's my special place. I read to the kids, give them toys and clothes to them or the people who are our age."

"I've seen it, it's hard to miss it when it's a freaking mansion. I've heard they help homeless people there."

"Yeah, they give them a roof, food, clothes and many more. I want to become a social worker. I love helping, it makes me happy knowing I'm helping others." He smiled so bright.

I couldn't help but smile too, Grayson has surprised me lately. "I think is amazing, I want to go with you tomorrow."

"Awesome, everyone will be happy. They get excited when someone new goes there."

"Can't wait, once we get home, I'll put in a bag some toys and clothes." I said before eating my vanilla ice cream.

"Thank you." He grabbed my hand and gave it a kiss.

Don't blush, don't blush, butterflies better not appear. And it was late. They were already there and they're having a major party. Grayson just chuckled.

..........

The next day after school, we went to Hope. We entered the place and Everyone greeted Grayson.

"Oh, oh you came." A little boy said as he hugged Grayson.

I smiled while looking at this view.

"Of course I did, I always do. And I brought a special friend." He replied.

"Hi everyone, I'm Nikki." I waved at them.

"Is Gray your boyfriend?" A girl asked me.

"I'm just his friend and happen to be a girl." I replied.

"So a girlfriend." She giggled.

We just chuckled. The girl was like 6 years old. Can't win an argument with them.

"She's a special friend." He smiled at me. I smiled back.

Friend. Just his special friend and that's the farthest I'll get with him. Phooey.

We went to the reading room and everyone gathered around Grayson. He went from annoying, to incredible, amazing and he's so natural with kids. He let everyone read in their own way and then Grayson would help the ones who didn't know how to read but wanted to try. He could easily become a teacher. He has a patience like no other.

"You got drool." I turned to see Dani.

"When did you get here?"

"Five minutes ago. I came to donate some clothes and brought toys and books and the list goes on." She replied.

"You never invited me here." I said as I looked at Grayson interact with she others.

"I did, but when I told you Grayson would be here, you didn't come. But now you're here and in love." She grinned at me. I shook my head.

I wished I did come when she asked me. The people here at Hope are so nice. And I'm seeing Grayson in a whole new light.

........

After spending a few hours at Hope, we went home. We got out the car and sat on my porch.

"I had a great time. Thank you for sharing this day with me." I smiled.

"You're welcome. I had a great time there too. Especially since you were there too." He smiled back.

"You surprised me. I thought you only liked to be mean and play pranks." I said as I bumped his shoulder with mine.

He laughed, "Maybe I had my reasons to throw you at the mud. And I'm more than just pranks."

"That you are." I poked his dimples.

"Oops." He checked his phone. "Dad just found out I put itchy powder on his boxers.

I laughed so hard, "why did you that?"

"Well, dad ate my Doritos taco that I was saving, so he got the powder and I'm getting grounded." He sighed.

"Only you." I shook my head.

"Gotta blast. See you tomorrow." He winked at me and then left.

Don't blush, don't blush. He sees you as a friend. Well a special friend, but friend nonetheless.