Fake Affection

Sebastian's POV
When I got home, William instantly started snapping at me.
"You've been avoiding my phone calls all day!"
I rolled my eyes.
"I have every right to. I'm still mad at you."
I sighed out in frustration.
"You promised you wouldn't get into any trouble. You promised you would turn your life around, Will."
"I can't make promises."
"You're not the only one" I muttered.
"What was that?"
"Nothing. I'm going to lay down and rest."
I made my way to the bedroom and once I got there, I kicked off my shoes and laid down.
I closed my eyes and tried to fall asleep until I felt arms wrap around my waist.
"Let me show you how much I love you by making you feel special, my dear."
He always says that when he wants to have sex. But I'm not letting him touch me.
"Not today, Will. I'm tired and stressed out and I don't enjoy getting yelled at by you when I had a horrible day at work."
I pulled away from him.
"We haven't had sex in a long time, love. You keep pushing yourself away from me."
I hugged a pillow close to me.
What he did next, surprised me.
He got up and pulled me up from bed and grabbed my arm which forced me to stand up.
"Talk to me, Sebastian. What is wrong with you? I'm not used to seeing you all distressed."
I looked away, refusing to talk.
"Listen, I'm sorry for what I did. I may not be the perfect husband, Sebastian, but I love you."
I looked at him and smiled. A fake smile.
"I love you too. I'm sorry as well for not forgiving you. We're not perfect at all."
"That's where you're wrong, love."
He pulled me close into his arms and kissed my forehead.
"You're perfect to me."
I felt a pain in my chest; a very heavy feeling.
This is the man I married and I once loved.
But since I seen Claude, I lost all that love for William and regret marrying him.
And showing William fake affection is just so wrong of me.