{4}

"Huh?" Annabeth turned around.

"You guys know each other?" Hazel asked.

"Why were you running away then?" Piper piped in.

"I know her, Hazel and Piper, I was not running away. I was.... just.... nevermind," the sea-green eyed boy said. 

"You...you remember me?"Annabeth asked.

"I don't want to," the boy replied and Annabeth flinched.

"Why?" she asked.

Percy let out a dry laugh. "Why? You don't know the answer? Where were you for all those years?? You broke all the promises. And now you're asking 'why?'"

"Percy, pl...." Annabeth tried again.

"No... no please or sorry. Just leave me alone."

"Percy," Piper said in a firm voice as the bell rang.

"Not now. Catch you during lunch." Percy declared going towards a different way. 

"Follow him if your first subject is English," Piper whispered to Annabeth. Annabeth checked her list and groaned. Piper glanced at it. "Oh, you've got maths now." She said, thought something and added, "Today's Tuesday, so both of you're having Greek together with Mr Chiron. Well, gotta go. I've got bio now." 

Annabeth bit her lower lip as she watched Piper's retreating figure. She sighed. Hazel came up and hooked her arm through Annabeth's. 

"Come with me. I'll drop you in your class," she said. Annabeth didn't argue. She followed Hazel's lead silently with her thoughts racing in her mind. But, one of her thought overpowered all other ideas and assumptions. 

Percy Jackson has changed.

◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈

Ok, this chapter is dedicated to @tHeBOokWoRm176  because of her constant support without which it would've been impossible for me to start writing a new book after my first book failed.