Save Your Tears

"We control our storms  because we are the  weather."

                                     X P.O.V

"What the hell was under the sink Rita, how many times you gon keep lying to me hoe"!?

I woke up to hear my father shouting after my mother. They argue every night it's starting to become a routine now, a few minutes later I heard a loud crash like something broke. I immediately got off my bed and rushed down the stairs to see my father holding a piece of glass to my mother's throat. His grip was so tight I could see the veins of his arms and her neck popping out.

She looked so scared, her skin was  pale and her eyes were blood shot red. I could tell she was drinking and hasn't gotten much sleep. Out of anger I ran over and pushed my father away making him lose his grip on her neck.

She started coughing as her body dropped to the floor gasping for air. "What the fuck is wrong with you fuck nigga, put your hands on my mamma one more time and you gon lose your life"!? I screamed at my dead beat father in anger and annoyance.  Seeing them like this doesn't bother me I just feel bad that my little brother has to be raised into a family like this.

A family involved with drugs and alcohol, poverty, abuse, overall a generational curse. It's just not acceptable, I know this is  affecting his mental health and will continue to torture his thoughts for the rest of his life.  After a few minutes of calming my parents down I went back to my room and laid on my bed watching attack on Titan. It's hands down one of the best anime's ever made. An hour went by and it was now 11:00 and I was getting tired so I decided to go to bed because I have school in the morning.

                               (Next Day)

It was 6a.m and my alarm went off. I took a deep breathe whilst I did a long ass stretch where i squeeze my butt  and my legs start shaking. These be the best vro.

I stayed in bed a few minutes just staring at the ceiling thinking about nothing. After that I got up from under the covers and the crisp morning air hit my body instantly giving me goosebumps. I then went ahead and picked my outfit for the day, it was a white t-shirt with black ripped jeans and black timber lands. I don't know but black just looks good on me, it's like a visual representation of my soul. Dark and empty, after that I went into the bathroom for a quick shower and got dressed soon after. Since it was still early and a bit cold I decided to wear a black bomber jacket just because it makes my fit look better.

It was now  7:00 and was time to leave the house, so I messaged my best friend stokeley just letting him know I was on my way to school. I doubt he'll get it cuz this nigga never checks his phone. I took my book bag from the corner of my room and was heading out the front door. I stood on the front porch for a few minutes just hoping I have a good day, then started walking. My house isn't that far from school just about 30 minutes away.

Don't worry about my lil brother, he can't go to school because my parents doesn't have enough money to send the both of us at the same time. So he just stays at home.

         (Fast Forward To Last Period Of School)

It was now the end of the day but I stayed back in class just taking down extra notes and home work for the weekend. Not long after I got a message from stokeley asking me where I am because he was waiting for me out front.  After I was done I packed my things and went to go meet him, the first thing this nigga says when he sees me is that he's hungry. His fat ass stay eating all day long. He suggested we go to Wendy's to eat and I'm a lil broke so I wouldn't let a chance for free food pass.

We got to Wendy's and placed our order. Shortly after we got our food and sat down to eat.  Whilst we were there some other dudes we don't fuck with walked in, clearly looking for trouble they started talking loud and make a whole commotion being extra as fuck. I just rolled my eyes cuz they were attention seekers, Darnell who was one of the boys so me and said " yo who the fuck u rolling your eyes at jit"? Already pissed off I stood up and looked him dead in the eyes. " You nigga, with yo ugly jack skeleton looking ass".

Out of nowhere he lunged his fist striking me right in the jaw bursting my lip. Before I could react  the security guard came and broke us up.  "Imma remember this nigga, count yo days" I said spitting blood on his shirt as I walked out. "Yo jah you good"? I heard stokeley from behind me, "cmon vro I'll drive you home" he said as I got into the car not listening to what he's saying.

Two streets away from my house we heard police sirens. In a neighbourhood like mine hearing sirens is a normal thing, shit always goes down in the hood.  I was on my phone scrolling through Instagram and could see blue lights in the corner of my eye, "yo look at this" stokeley said causing me to lift my head up. I instantly opened the door and ran out, I saw my my lil brother Aiden crying in the arms of a police officer  who was trying to calm him down. Whilst my father was walking out the house in hand cuffs and behind him was a stretcher with a body bag.

I was in complete disbelief, "what the hell happened"?! I shouted hoping that someone would answer my question. I then felt a hand on my shoulder, "are you Jahseh Onfroy"? I turned around to be meet with a female police officer. "Y-yes, tha-that's me" I answered unable to form a proper sentence. "Come with me please".