six

・。

・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

THE PAST WEEK SEEMED awfully dreadful; it reached the peak of summer in vegas and the temperatures sky-rocketed. luckily, theo had a pool that we could swim in to keep cool, although it didn't refrain me from taking an additional five showers a day.

boris seemed rather down after the dramatic exit of kotku's, even though theo seemed very relieved. kotku was very toxic and only added more problems to boris' life, according to theo. i tried to not bother boris although one could tell he seriously needed help; he was now drinking and smoking twenty-four/seven. 

today, despite the heat, i decided to walk to the store and boris suggested he came with. i didn't argue with him about it because truth be told, i didn't want to get lost in vegas. 

and i kind of miss talking to boris.

he told me to bring a sweater and i told him he was crazy but he pleaded that i do so. i cooperated, wearing my old middle school sweater before leaving the house with boris. upon stepping outside the house, boris made sure to bring a black umbrella with him causing the formation of many questions to develop inside my head.

"why the 'brella?" i ask out of curiosity.

"i don't like the sun," he replied rather groggily, i could tell he had been crying. 

the walk was very silent, and not the comfortable kind. out of guilt, i finally decided to talk to boris about the kotku situation-- considering i was the cause of the dispute.

"boris i wanted to say i'm so sorry for making kotku mad that morning i wa-"

"don't worry about it принцесса," he sadly chuckled. "kotku, no good for me. about time."

i nodded before he playfully nudged me. "don't have such a sad face принцесса, you didn't like her anyways."

"i didn't like her energy," i correct, causing him to laugh.

"hah! my принцесса was jealous hm?"

"jealous? pfft," i say, shooing his face away. 

the rest of the long walk among the heat accumulated was filled with the loud ruptures laughter created from boris and i after the tension was broken between us. i missed hearing his loud, russian accent escape from his plump pink lips every time we conducted in conversation. kotku must've not appreciated all the things i admired about boris, which made me happy she left.

maybe i was jealous.

our laughter softened upon arrival of the grocery store as we did not want attention drawn to us. boris was going to teach me how to shop lift, and even though i trusted him, i was quite frightened.

we walked down an aisle and quickly, boris shoved a box of crackers into his black leather jacket. he looked back at me and nodded, ensuring that it'll be okay if i did it too. that being said i rapidly snatched a bag of gummy worms from a hook and shoved it into my sweater pocket.

not so hard.

we continued to walk around the store, grabbing anything that we wanted to before finally leaving the store. we laughed out of success of not getting caught, our eyes filled with tears of laughter upon leaving the store.

"you're very good принцесса," boris said, smiling at me.

"not as good as you," i reply.

the rest of the walk back seemed better than than the walk going. it finally occurred to me that no any amount of heat, crime, or disappointment, it was worth it if i was with boris.