Battle of Italica Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

"There are four gods in this realm, The most important ones or the ones we care about is, Palapon, Emroy and Hardy, We kill them all, Magic will cease to exist and Defeat through miracles by the enemy, Necron forces should suffice nicely, since killing and enslaving gods is their schtick." Said The Lion in the War room.

"Then I shall send my armies through the gate, led by my most experienced general." Stated The Silent king

Meanwhile in the Falmartian Capital.

"Thanks to the Gods involvement to our recent battles, We might be able to strike, Here." The General pointed to Italica."And cut off their Supply lines."

"Yes, but according to witnesses, Italica is one of the most fortified locations in the world, We would need thousands of men just to get to the wall, We tried Night attacks, They were blown up before they even got close enough, Even if we did get to the walls, There are still Man-Demons (Death Korps of Krieg) in the Trenches
The enemy says they are the best in trench warfare and Wars of attrition, even if we get past them, Battering Rams don't have any effect on their walls and Gates."

"Yes, but according to my spies The Men of Iron and Man-Demons are leaving Italica for the Front, they have switched over to the 'Adeptus Mechanicus' or their scholars, If we show force we should make them, surrender the city."

"But if they do not?"

"They're scholars, They couldn't put up much resistance."

(Insert Mechanicus Victories and Warcrimes here)

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\________________///////////////////

As the last of the Rhinos and Kriegsmen Units Left Italica, The Mechanicus, quickly put defenses of their own and deployed some Mechs on patrol, The Servitors and Skittari Ran up and down the walls, looking for cracks and putting new, Gauss Cannons on the walls.

They quickly dismantled some Buildings from the Black Templars and Krieg buildings to be turned into docking stations for aircraft and Vehicles.

"Hello, 2255661." Said an Adept

"Likewise, 6688223."

"I believe a Necron Battlegroup will be passing through this magnificent little, meat bag, Town."

"Affirmative 6688223."

"Umm, Excuse me, can you tell me where did the Scary Giant Men of Iron go?" Said a child

"Men of Iron?!"

"Initiate, Search and Destroy!"

Booom!

6 hours later.

"The little meat bag was, Referring to Astartes."

"Affirmative."

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\________________//////////////////

The 120 Thousand Strong Necron force left Fortress 'Fortress' and since the roads couldn't accommodate 120 thousand necrons, a third of the Battle group marched while the rest boarded their ships to their destination, but Why March? Because there will be a great battle in the nearby city according to the Human they call 'Sanguinius' and he was worried, since the force attacking this settlement wasn't your run of the mill, humans these forces were strengthened by the cowards they called gods.

So on the force marched...

"The Gods are with us!" Shouted a Centurion while he raised his fist .

As the commander of this force stepped out, They were personally blessed by The Gods to be stronger and more resilient, As they thought The enemy was spread thin, since Scholars were guarding the vital city of Italica.

The Legions under his command fell in line...

"3 MONTHS AGO ENEMY IS WAS AT OUR DOOR, BANGING ON IT, AND DESTROYING IT, WE USED TO COWER BEFORE THEM! BUT LOOK AT US NOW! THEY COWER BEFORE US! WITH THE SUPPORT AND BLESSING OF THE GODS, WE SHALL DEFEAT THEM AND TAKE THE GOLDEN REALM BEYOND THE WALL, THIS IS NOT A PROMISE, IT IS A GUARANTEE!
WE SHALL DO TO THEM, WHAT THEY DID TO US! OUR PREDECESSORS MIGHT HAVE STEPPED ON THE DRAGON'S TAIL,  BUT WE WILL SLIT IT'S THROAT!"
Then the crowd went wild, the general looked onto the army with a satisfied nod...

Midnight, As The General's forces formed up in the woods, They saw no guards on the walls and celebrations were heard even from the city itself
The general gave the go ahead for his troops.

And trumpets roared, signaling the cohorts in the woods to attack, then, all at once they screamed and charged, as sorcerers bolstered by their Gods pounded away at it's defenses, they reached the outer wall with no resistance, then the reveling in the city was no more...

Were they surrendering?

It was quiet, only the sounds of crickets were getting to their ears except for the occasional shouts from the centurions.

As men pushed the heavy gate aside, they saw a deserted base, nothing...
Their steel elephants were asleep, and their buildings were empty

As they opened the city gates, expecting the peasants militia holding a stand or the entire enemy defense... It was deserted... No one wandered the streets, the street was surprisingly clean...

The legionnaires, were tense something was horribly wrong, as they reached the castle in the middle, there was a metallic skeleton infront of the castle's gate it was standing, slumped against a spear, but it was as the general slowly walked towards the automaton, he grew too curious and right before he touched it, It sparked to life, it's eyes and it's spear had a green, ominous glow... Then the outer gates of the city closed shut, and flood lights turned on, to reveal an entire Mechanicus Group already pointing guns at them from up above the turrets, activated with a blue light as the Mechanicus opened fire on the legionnaires inside the walls, and the Necron Lord who was infront of the General, He impaled the general with his Gauss-Spear, While on the outside of the city a monolith had appeared in the middle of the enemy formation, and Necron Warriors emerged from the ground... No prisoner were taken and all enemy corpses were disentigrated
As they were boxed in by the two forces, utterly annihilating entire legions.
The next day, the civilians were thinking that they have to clean the streets, and it was surprisingly clean and the Automatons who had arrived yesterday had already left and the day went on as usual, with most of them not aware that a battle had even took place in the city last night.