Chapter 1

On every chapter I'm doing a Q&A for both me and you, so if you have a question you'd like to ask me and everyone about shadowhunters/the mortal instruments, please comment here ----------------------------------------------------->

"Alec wake up!" The voice of my sister yelled, rudely awakening me from my slumber, last night I didn't get much sleep because of the constant thoughts racing through my head keeping me awake.

Today was the first day back to school after our summer holidays which I spent indoors most of the time and i'm not much of a people person so I try to keep out of the way and in the shadows, it's better that way because no one really takes notice of me which is how I prefure it.

School was definitely not my favourite place to go, mainly because there's no escape from people surrounding me.

There was a noise of frustration and Izzy forced her way into my room by what sounds like pick locking the lock to my door, I cocooned myself deeper in the sheets and hid my face, mentally preparing myself for a day of torcher.

A few moments later there was a click and the door burst open reveling a very stressed Isabel, "Alec! Get your lazy ass out. Of. Bed" She hissed and ragged my covers off of me on her last word

The cold air hit my warm skin instantly making me shiver, "What the hell is wrong with you?" I whined as I pulled my knees to my chest and hugged myself for warmth, snuggling into my pillow.

"What's 'wrong' with me is that your not even dressed! Me and Jace have been waiting downstairs for thirty minutes and we need to leave at half eight which is twenty minutes away!"

"Whatever Izzy, go without me" I mumbled, being half asleep but obviously Izzy wasn't playing around because she grabbed my bottle of water from the bedside table and poured it all over me making me jump in shock

"What the-"

"Get. The fuck. Dressed!" She yelled and left the room like a toddler who had been told 'no' to candy. Which wasn't surprising because that's how she reacts when something doesn't go her way.

I sigh in defeat and got myself off my now soaked bed and into the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face because obviously there was no time to shower and Izzy was unpredictable when she was in a bad mood.

After I cleaned myself up I went back into my room and opened my wardrobe, pulling out whatever I saw first. Not that it mattered because all my clothes were literally just black: long and short sleeve tops, jeans (some with rips at the knees), belts, boxers and leather jackets.

I threw my clothes on, grabbed my bag and headed downstairs, my hair falling all over the place at every step. Isabel had tried to tame it in the past but nothing seemed to work, it was just naturally messy and I was fine with that. Jace suggested that I cut it and have it like his which would have given me nightmares, even Izzy forbid that so we just left it.

By the looks of it our parents and Max had already left, it wasn't a surprise though, father worked in the police force so he had to go pretty early and mother owned a book shop and had to get Max to school first.

Isabel was rummaging through her bag and Jace was sitting at the table with his phone glued to his face per usual

"Grab an apple or something would you?" Izzy said as she applied red lipstick to her bottom lip, I give her a questioning look,"Why are you in a rush? You hate school as much as I do"

She rolled her eyes and put the lid back on before dropping it in her bag and smiled innocently, "New year. new men."

"Of course, why else would you want to go to school" I mumbled and crossed my arms