Chapter 3

Answer: A wolf

The week went at a torturous pace, the days were dragging along and I spent practicly all my free time studying and doing homework, when I was at the archery ranch doing my job I was fighting with myself to stay awake.

Break and lunch was the same, for both I sat in the library with a book in my face and pen in hand yet alone making time for practice which I didn't really spend much time doing, about an hour tops, Jace was not happy about that.

Clary hadn't shown up either making my suspicions higher, not even Simon had heard a word from her and it's now Friday, the day I agreed to go to that stupid club with my siblings, of course I was dreading it.

But before I get to caught up in that drama, I had to make my way through the day. I was currently sat in English which I seem to have more of compared to my science and math classes, I had regularly have English twice a day, science and maths once and some random class after that unless I have free periods.

I sigh and write down what my teacher was scribbling on the whiteboard, I really don't understand why they bother, there handwriting is so scruffy that at some points it looks like there writing in a complete different language that I've never heard of.

And that was saying something because when I was little, me and Izzy used to learn languages to communicate so others don't know what we were saying, it was really useful when it came to our parents who only knew English. Our favourites were rather Swedish or Spanish but ninty percent of the time it was Spanish. Other languages were just there for emergencies.

There was a knock on the door before it opens making everyone turn there heads, "Sorry I'm late" came an oddly familiar voice, I copied the others action seeing a head full of red hair and emerald green eyes standing confidently in the door frame

"Welcome miss Fray, please take a seat" the teacher said before going back to writing on the board, Clary nodded with a smile on her lips, looking around the room until she spotted at me and an empty seat beside me

She made her way over and gracefully placed her things down before sitting,"Hey"

"Hi" I awkwardly whisper, going back to the task at hand. What else was there to say? It's not like she was my friend and I'd only met the girl once on Monday.

We both sat there in an uncomfortable silence, this time it wasn't just me, I could practically feel the tension radiating off of her making my anxiety rise higher then it already is.

About ten minutes had past and Clary continued to nervously shuffle around a little on her seat and her leg was starting to bounce, I look at her with a side glance, she looked like she was deep in thought, her lips moving so slowly that it looked like they weren't moving at all but I was close enough to see it. Her eyebrows furrowed together as if she was confused and scared.

"You ok?" I quietly ask, making sure not to disturb the class, she didn't respond, just stayed in the position she was in. Nudging her a little,"Clary?"

The girls eyes widened and looked around as if she's only realised where she was, "You ok...?"

Clary looked at me and gave me a small innocent smile, "Yeah...yeah, sorry. Just... problems at home" she says in the same time as me

"Is that why you haven't been in school?"

"Um...yeah, drama with the parents you know, divorces aren't easy, especially when your jumping from parent to parent all the time"

I sigh, whenever mum and dad are home together (which hardly ever happens due to there jobs) they seem so apart and distant, arguing most of the time but when me and my siblings were there, especially Max, they keep there fights at a limit.