Chapter 6- Happy New Year!

Answer: pizza or spring rolls 🤔

Outside was pouring down with rain
slamming against the old glass window, the clouds were a dark grey that punched the earth with its anger as lighting struck with a furious growl of frustration.

It had been this way since Saturday night. Me, Izzy and Jace all legged it inside when we arrived here this morning because we didn't wasn't to get wet, the ice-like wind biting at the tips of our fingers and whipping around our faces violently.
It had not been this cold since December and is uncommon to get weather this bad early in the autumn, not that is bothered me.

The trees were dancing with the wind, branches swinging, leaves flying. Even the grass was waving around along with the water in the puddles, the rain causing multiple ripples.

Suprisingly, there were still birds out there probably ravishing in the amount of worms that wriggle themselves out of the ground, it's interesting how these creatures risk there lived day and night yet still insist in consuming their routine in weather like this to feed their young.

The sound of a drill brought me out of my thinking, I was in construction/wood work, not sure why I needed it but it was on my timetable anyway.

The task we were given was to make a totum of something "meaningful" so I decided to make a little wooden bow with an arrow necklace that could also be sized onto a bracelet but instead of using any actual jewelry I'm using some brown leather.

"Hey Alec" Clary says as she approaches me from her work bench

"What's up?" I ask in greeting without taking my eyes away from the scalpel in my hand as I carefully sharpen the end of the fragile wooden arrow

"Nothing much, I've just finished so I thought I'd come and see how you were doing" she looks down at her hand and observes her work which I take no hesitation to look at, in her hand was a solid wood figure of an animal

"A wolf?"

"Yeah, the wolf is a symbol of guardianship, ritual, loyalty, and spirit, they have the ability to make quick and firm emotional attachments, and often need to trust their own instincts"

I nervously chuckle, "Someone's been doing their homework"

"Actually it's my favourite animal," Clary corrects and jumps up to sit on the work bench I'm using, "What about you? A bow 'n' arrow?"

"It's um...it's been a thing of mine since I was a kid"

"Oh? You practice often?"

"Actually I train the children up at the archery ranch, sometimes even adults"

"Would you consider taking me with you some time? I'd love to behind a bow again" she tilts her head back and closes her eyes as if she was dreaming

"You used to do archery?" I ask excitedly now looking up at her

"Yeah but I was ten"

"Then I'd like to see what you remember, I've gotta do a few hours shift tomorrow after school, You can come if you want"

The red head lost her dream like expression and looked at me blankly with a slight pannick underneath, "Um, I don't think I'm free tomorrow...or any day of this week in fact. How about...next week? I don't think I have any plans"

I look at her posture, noticing the nerves building up and tense her muscles, fear was coming strong off of her making me worry that I seem pushy

"Actually yeah, tha-that would be better, I have Tuesday and Thursday shifts so...if you want to put that down so you...won't forget..."