Hurting

The cold night. There she is on the bed beside him looking straight up to the ceiling. Its been a routine for them every weekend hanging out together.

But tonight, the silence is killing her. Too much emotion to contain. She sighs.

"Hey. Is there something wrong, wanna talk about it?" He ask without looking at her afraid that she'll runaway."i just–t, it's just i..i don't know anymore." Deep inside she's just scared.

Both turning their body to face each other. Looking at each other deeply. She smiles tiredly. Confused, he ask again " about what?" His hand tucks away her hair unconsciously.

' my feelings towards you' she closes her eyes, taking a deep breath before answering " i'm tired actually because of the upcoming tests. That's all." Another lie. Why can't she just tell him.

He sees it in her eyes. The lie. But he let her be, giving all the space she wants until she's willing to open up to him. He opens his arms. An invitation for her.

"What are you doing?" Asking quietly as if someone is going to hear them. Is.. he.. not that can't be it. "Come here. Hug me." Still waiting for her response. A moment of silence. Hesitation. Shaking, trying to keep her heart calm. Afraid that he will hear how fast her heartbeat is.

"Okay that's it. F*ck you're too slow." Pulling her while he snakes his arm around her small waist. She falls onto his chest, his right hand secure her body close. Inhaling her strawberry scented shampoo. Oh his favourite smell.

"Le-t.me.go." Cheeks red as tomato. She didn't dare to look up. He hugs her even closer. " let's just be like this for the whole night. Please." Desperation in his voice. " I'll promise you'll feel better tomorrow." He gently runs his hand up and down her back.

She likes it. The non-existent space between them. She snuggles closer finally giving in. Hoping only for tonight, the comfort from her best friend would not hurt her in the future.

Both later sleeps soundly. As if all of the problems have vanish. Little that she know, instead of getting hurt, a better future is coming. Their morning is greeted with smiles and giggles.