Argument

It's all started with a small argument and now both of them have not spoken a word to each other.

Coming home from work and went straight to the bathroom. Silence fills in the house. Eating without asking 'how's your day?'. One is sitting in the living room and the other one is in the bedroom.

A week ago both of them were on each other's throats. "Why were you late for the past few days hmmm?". The same question from yesterday she asked. "I had tons of work in the office" he answered without looking at her.

"Look at me when I am talking to you." A bit louder she said. He sighs, untangling his necktie that is suffocating his neck for about 9 hours. "I.Have.Tons. Of.Work. Can you understand that?" He mumbled, annoyed.

"At least give me a call if you were going to be late. Don't leave me hanging like that. I am worried sick! Don't just–" "Can you stop talking already? I'm tired."

Disbelief with his answers she shouts, not too loud "what the hell is wrong with you? I asked you nicely. Don't cut me off like that.!"

"Well I am tired and you keep talking like that. How the f*ck I am supposed to respond then!?" and that's how both of them stop talking to each other and that goes on for a week straight.

Today she's determined to solve their problem. They can't keep living like this forever. They are adults who can make mature decisions and things should be sorted out nicely.

She went to the living room and wait for him as usual. The clock is ticking. 'why does it feel like an eternity for him to come home.' Legs tapping softly on the floor and her hands can't stop fidgeting.

Sound of the door being unlocked indicating that he is home. The door sway opened and there he is in his work suit. Loosen necktie and hair little dishevelled shows that he had a rough day.

Their eyes meet. She speaks up first. "How was your day?" a little too quiet but he still hears it. A small smile appears on his face. "It was fine." he tries walking straight to their bedroom but she stops him.

"Let me carry the suitcase for you" puzzled by her action, he let her take it. He then walks to their shared bedroom with her behind following him like a duckling following their mother.

She puts his suitcase on the table and sits on the bed watching him trying to take off his tie. She tries another shot, "Let me untie it for you." a little too instantly she went to him and started to untie his necktie without giving him time to respond.

Untying the necktie slowly as if she will hurt him if she's going too fast. She doesn't dare to make eye contact because she notices that he is looking at her.

He watches her intently while her delicate hands untying his necktie. Her hands sometimes brush against his chest, it makes his breathing stop. After a minute passed by, "Done! Are you hungry? Do you want me to cook while you take a shower? Do you have anything that you want to eat? I ca–"

He quickly grips her wrist and pulls her by the waist to prevent her from going away. She's talking too fast and asking him tons of questions without even looking at him. Somethings up and he knows it. "what's wrong?" she asks, still avoiding eye contact.

"Look at me." He said. She freezes, don't know how to react. "look at me, please." he slowly lifts her chin. "What are you trying to do babe mhmm?" He caresses her cheeks softly, looking at her with loving eyes.

"I am– no I was– I..." she sighs. Now he knows. "I'm sorry princess." His unexpected apology makes her heart warm. "I'm sorry for yelling at you." He kisses her forehead. "I'm sorry for ignoring you for a week." Kisses on her nose. She giggles. "And I'm sorry that you're the one who made the first move."

He pecks her lips softly, backs away and looks into her eyes. "I'm sorry too for behaving like that." She hugs and leans on his chest. "I should've known that you are tired and you just wanted to rest and–" "it's okay." He cups her cheeks, bopping their nose together. Laughing at her cute habit of her.

"Well, I should text you though if I was being late." He grins. "As you should." She slaps his arm teasingly. "Hey!" "Okay, okay I'm joking." Both laughing in each other arms. "Next time let's settle things nicely okay babe? I can't bear avoiding you all the time. I love you a little too much."

"Of course." he leans in. "I love you too princess" nose touching. Both smiling. Acknowledging both mistakes and forgiving each other. That's how lovers are supposed to do.