Chapter Two

My Mama was on the floor. She's was barely breathing. I called 112. And when I was calling them her heart stopped.

A/N: 112 is the France emergency number.

Then Papa walked in the room. He had a tray of croissants. He stopped and he dropped the tray. His wife, my mama, was on the floor and his daughter was giving her CPR.

"Marinette? Did you call 112?" My Papa asked.

"Yes. I did. Call Grandma and Grandpa. The ambulance will be here soon," I said to him.

Then the door of the bakery opened.

"Girl! You left your note-" Alya started.

"Oh my God! Marinette is she okay?" Alya asked frantically.

"I-i-i-i I don't know. The ambulance is coming though," I said before Alya took over CPR. And together she kept her heart pumping. Then five minutes later the ambulance arrived.

We were taken to the hospital. Paris West Hospital. The closest one. But... My Mama, she flatlined. They brought her back to life.

And when we arrived she was taken to an O.R. and then everything went downhill from there.

For five hours we waited to know what was wrong with my Mama. And then the sun rose. Papa took Alya to school and closed the bakery.

I was stuck waiting for an update on my Mama.

"Family of Sabine Cheng?" A doctor asked me.

"Yes? How is my Mama?" I asked.

"Sweetie, where is your father?" The doctor asked.

"My father left. He'll be back. You can tell me though," I told the doctor.

"Your mother had a tumor on her heart the is causing her heart to fail. This tumor is inoperable. Chemo and radiation won't shrink it. Your mother has one month to live," the doctor told me.

I burst into tears. And then I saw my Papa. He began to freak out.

"Just tell me doctor, is my wife dead?" Papa asked on the verge of tears.

"Sir, your wife is alive. But she has a massive inoperable heart tumor. Chemo and radiation won't shrink it. I am so sorry," the doctor told Papa.

Papa was silent.

"Can we see her?" I asked.

"Yes. Follow me," the doctor said as she lead us to the ICU.

"Mama? I asked, "Can you here me?"

"Marinette. My darling daughter, I'm here. No need to worry," Mama said in a soothing tone.

I burst in to tears and hugged my Papa.

"Mrs. Cheng, you have a massive inoperable tumor. In and around your heart. Unfortunately, this tumor does not respond to chemo or radiation. You have a at most a month and a half to live. I am so sorry," A different doctor said to my Mama.

My Mama began to cry.

"Marinette. You have to get to school. And your Mama needs sometime to wrap her head around the news. I'll pick you up and bring you here when school is over. Alya informed all your teachers that you might be in late or not in class today," Papa told me.

"O-okay Papa," I told him.

Then in school I sat there not really getting the knowledge.

"Marinette?" Miss Bustier asked.

"Yes Miss Bustier?" I asked.

"Are you okay? You're distracted," Miss Bustier asked me.

"I'm fine," I told her.

You're not fine. Your Mama is dying.

After class ended they had a free period. So they all went to Marinette's.

Rose, Juleka, Alix, Ondine, Kagami, Kim, Lila, Luka, Nathaniel, and Marc were on her bed and her balcony.

The rest were on her chaise, on the floor, or downstairs eating or playing video games.

"Alya! Get Nino's measurements! Mylene get Ivan's. Adrien get the rest of the boys' measurements!" I called.

"Yeah sure thing M!"

"Okay Marinette!"

"Of course Mari!" Adrien called.

Then everyone stopped and looked at Adrien.

"Mari? Since when did you call her Mari?" Everyone asked.

"Umm, since today?" Adrien answered shyly.

"It's fine. I'll murder him later. But if you don't help no one will get out of here alive!" Marinette yelled to the group.

And the group hurried in order to make it out alive.

Once their free period was over, and the measurements had been taken, they all went home. Except for Felix, Adrien, Luka, Juleka, Rose, Kagami, Alya, and Nino.

"Marinette? Are you okay? You seem off?" Everyone except Alya asked.

"Girl, tell them. They want to help. Tell them the truth. Only if you want them to know though. It's your choice," Alya said to me.

Everyone looked at me.

What was I going to say?...