Chapter Four🎤

I arrived at the bakery and I got ready. Then my Papa arrived and off we went.

Every night for a month, I sat at night with her. I worked on costumes as I talked to her. And then... She coded, she coded right in front of me. 

The doctors just let her go. I learned that she had signed a DNR. And my Papa cried.

I stayed strong. I comforted him. I called my Grandma and Grandpa. And they said that they would move in so they could help out. The bakery was going to be closed if they weren't there. My Papa was going to close the bakery, because will out my Mama, he had no hope, and his happiness began to fade. 

Then when I got to school, the morning of her death. I was in tears. She had died the day I was to sing for the school project. Everyone was getting makeup done, costumes put on, wigs pinned down.

"Marinette! I love this costume! It's amazing!" Alya gushed.

I gave her a fake smile and said, "Thanks, Alya."

"Okay! Settle down class! Marinette has the order in which you are to present your presentation. First up Frozen," Miss Bustier said.

Chloe and Sabrina stood up. And Chloé's costume looked amazing on her.

 And Chloé's costume looked amazing on her

(Credit to Chlogami on Instagram!)

The fake magic was great. But... Chloé sounded like nails on a chalkboard.

-漫~*'¨¯¨'*·舞~ - ~舞*'¨¯¨'*·~漫-

Everything was fine. Everyone was doing great! Except for Lila and Chloé, they sounded like nails on a chalkboard. No offense.

"Last we have Mulan! Marinette is Mulan and Adrien is the emperor," Miss Bustier announced, "Marinette, sing your heart out!"

*Play Music*

War is not freedom
Over my shoulder
I see a clearer view

All for my family
Reason I'm breathing
Everything to lose

Should I ask myself in the water
What a warrior would do?
Tell me, underneath my armor
Am I loyal, brave and true?

Breathe. Calm down and sing. For you are amazing. Your Ladybug.

Losing is easy
Winning takes bravery
I am a tiger's fool

Out in the open
No one to save me
The kindest of whispers are cruel

Should I ask myself in the water
What a warrior would do?
Tell me, underneath my armor
Am I loyal, brave and true?

Cold is moring
Warm is the dream
Chasing the answers
'Til I can't sleep
Will I be stronger
Or will I be weak
When you're not with me?