4) Truth or Dare

Comments are always appreciated :)

He nodded, his usual smile returning. "There's a party, just to relax after today's game. A lot of Nekoma and most of our guys are going too."

I nod, "okay." He continues staring at me with his wide grin. "Oh, you want me to go, don't you?"

"Well of course," he exclaims. "Come on, Akaashi. It'll be a ton of fun! It's gonna be at my place tomorrow at nine. We're gonna have some beer and a ton of snacks, you don't even have to talk to anyone if you don't want to-"

I cut off his rambling, holding my hand up. "I'll go. You don't have to keep convincing me. As long as we don't do some stupid shit like truth or dare."

--

"Let's do truth or dare!" Kuroo exclaimed about two hours into the party. All of us have at least a few beers in our gut and a lot of cookies and pizza along with it.

I roll my eyes and glare at Bokuto, he doesn't look at me though, knowing I don't want to play something so stupid. His smile doesn't fade and he nods, taking my hand so I don't run off. "Sure, let's do it."

Kuroo, Kenma, Lev, Washio, Bokuto and I all sat down in a circle. There are others around us but they opted out of playing and decided to just watch. Wish I could do the same, if im being honest.

Lev took an empty bottle off of the coffee table and spun it around on the floor between us all. By the end of it's rotation, the neck of it pointed at Bokuto, meaning he would get to ask first. He grinned and looked at me, I silently shook my head no.

"Akaashi," he says, nudging my arm lightly and I sigh deeply. Why did he have to pick me on the first round? "Truth or dare."

I rolled my eyes. He knows what I'll choose, I'm sure of it. "Truth."

His smile grows across his face, "why were you throwing up yesterday?"

"You threw up yesterday?" Washio asks quietly, Bokuto nods to him.

I can't answer, not in complete honesty at least. "I'm sick, why else would I throw up, idiot," I say trying to throw attention away from me. I reached to spin the bottle, but Bokuto caught my arm.

"How sick are you? You were coughing up for like-"

"You only get to ask one question," I interrupt him, pulling my arm away from him. He slumps back into his spot. It lands on Kuroo. Great. That means he'll go after me. I sigh again before looking up to his dark eyes. "Truth or dare, I guess."

"Truth," he said quickly, I know he just wants to get to his turn.

I think for a moment, is there anything I want to ask him? This is why I always hate this game, dares are stupid and truths are hard to think of. Eventually though, I do come up with something to ask him. "Who do you like? You said the other day you love someone, didn't you?"

He nods. "Fine, I don't need to hide it. Kenma."

The blond had zoned out. He looked up, "what?"

The others in the circle laughed at his confusion before Kuroo reached for the bottle on the floor. His excitement was nearly palpable in the air, everyone noticed it. And to my dread, it landed on the silver-haired boy next to me. "Bokuto," Kuroo grinned and so did Bokuto. "Truth or dare."

I shuddered as I knew what Bokuto would choose and feared what Kuroo would come up with. Kuroo knows I like Bokuto, even though I tried to hide it, I'm sure it only made it more obvious to him.

"Dare," Bokuto said, making my heart pick up it's pace. "I'm not a wimp like the two of you," he jabbed at Kuroo and I, it just rolled off our backs.

I took a deep, uneven breath and stared at Kuroo as he returned the look. I was silently begging him not to do what I think he will, but the look in his eyes told me he wouldn't waver from his plan.

I swear I could feel every thump of my heartbeat ten times more powerful than usual. Im surprised no-one can actually hear it. Or maybe they can. Shit. Please Kuroo, I continue to beg with my eyes alone.

"Bokuto," Kuroo started, glancing away from me. "I dare you to kiss Akaashi."

"How cliche. Alright, bet," he said.

I went wide-eyed and tore my eyes away from Kuroo, looking at the boy next to me. My chest already started to ache as my arms began to shiver.

Kenma spoke up before Bokuto could move an inch, "that's kind of unfair, don't you think. It's not Akaashi's dare."

I couldn't open my mouth to agree with him.

Lev and Washio shook their heads. "That's a fair dare," they said in unison, making my heart thump again and again, faster than before. Kenma takes out his phone, uninterested.

I could sense the flowers growing in my lungs and Bokuto got off the floor and stepped into the circle, in front if me. He put his knees on the floor on either side of me, sitting in my lap. It's already difficult to breath and I can feel my face heating up. "Bokuto-" I say, my throat and voice like a desert. His hands come up to hold my face and my breaths are shuddering as they pass between my lips.

"Come on, we're just friends, it won't mean anything," he whispers so only I can hear before he leans in and our lips crash together. They're so soft against my own and his hand travels to run through my hair. Tears come to my eyes.

I can't fucking breathe.

I push him into the floor and gasp for air. "Bokuto-" I gasp and get up on shaking legs. My arms have gone numb and my lungs are contorting as if there's no air coming in and out. "Call-" I choke on air, "call 911-" I run off to the bathroom and slam the door behind me; I quickly fall down in front of the toilet, losing my balance and my vision goes blurry.

Damn you Kuroo.

Continueing to cough on the flowers in my throat, I grasp at my throat and my face goes red from lack of oxygen. The last thing I see is the toilet bowl with bloody flowers before I pass out and fall onto the tile floor.