Knight In Shining Limo

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you are the world."

                         - Anonymous

The silence layed on Athena and Ace's drenched skin like a stinging, wicked poison. They had never encountered such awkwardness in the longest time.

They were grateful the raucous, torrential downpour had filled in for them, though filtered greatly by the superior walls of A-List's bus stop, located just at the side of the school.

They shifted around every once in a while, behaving as they had something to do, shivering quietly from the bleak water when they were exposed under the rainy sky, on a lookout for shelter.

Athena seeked a small peek at Ace. He failed to hide his immensely redden face which she knew caused by her negligence and fright to have a good talk with him about the truth.

She adjusted her soaked hair while she warmed her upper arms by rubbing them hard, then fidgeted her fingers, letting the clock tick by, hoping Ace's driver was dependable and punctilious.

Her frame stood as still as the Statue of Liberty while her vision took in all of her surroundings. It befogged her so that she was still on Earth as the premium and advanced equipment around her made it seem like she was in a spaceship instead of a bus stop.

"So what? How long are you going to keep me guessing until you tell me? " Ace tore the silent air, not only causing Athena to flinch but the chilly air generated by the AC at the bus stop was so still that he was taken aback by his own doing.

Athena pivoted to him, sighing hard as she folded her arms, partly shielding herself from the cold air. She was clueless where to begin.

Everything she had pictured before she got to A-list was the furthest from what was actually happening. Being the popular new girl? The smart and kind one that everyone looks up to?

Her foot!

A-list resembled a hell-hole more than the real hell hole ever would. But, she didn't really blame the school as it was still her best achievement in life being accepted there after all. It was the people in the school that she was pissed about.

Ace held up his hand, squeezing his eyes, offering her a clear view on the big droplets that hung on his eyelashes. "You know what. I'll tell my side of the story and you will tell me yours after. Deal, alright?" He figured if he started, she'd open up more and as well as put the puzzles together.

Athena nodded, thinking how much things had changed between them. Whenever they were alone, they could start a conversation that has no limits to it, till dawn reoccurred and repeated, they'd still chat contently, down to the tiniest things, down to the most foolish things.

Now, all they seemed to talk about was one thing and one thing only.

Thieves.

The only topic the Elites discusses and was the only subject worth talked about among them. This was what happens when a newcomer enters the world of the upper class. They will soon realize how much Thieves affect their lives in every aspects.

"Listen, that day when I was on the phone with you, I was about to tell you my motive in changing your ID, your passport and everything else to this non-existent, Elise Belle. Cuz babe, believe it or not, your name is infamous amongst the nobles. Thieves antis Athena Rose so much that all we could presume is you murdered one of their family or something."

Athena's lips parted to speak something but Ace resumed," But since the rules are made by Xerus, he's the one who's really against you with every fibre of his being. And, as you already know whoever Xerus' enemy is, is the enemy of us all. But, I never cared of nonsense like this, and even when my mother forced me to stay away from you, I just can't!" He paused for a moment, regaining himself. He felt a gigantic hill had finally get towed off of his shoulders as he continued the leftover facts that was forcing itself to spill." Because you're my only precious best friend. I couldn't care less even if you did something that the world condemn. But, please. Please, babe. All I ask of you is to tell me what really happened."