Ruined Date

"All personality traits have their good side and their bad side. But for a long time, we've seen introversion only through its negative side and extroversion mostly through its positive side."

                       - Susan Cain

A/N: This chapter may be confusing for some. Please read to the end for better understanding.

"From what I read, this thing is quite dangerous if you don't kill it, " Theo spoke in all seriousness.

"W-What?" Athena blinked, head inclining to the side.

"That spider," Theo told her, leaning an arm onto the tempered glass of the car window while he rested his head on his fist— his hair causing the opulent watch on his wrist to get wet.

Athena tossed her head around, eyes hunting for the frightening creature. "Where the fuck is it?! Get it away from me!"

Sure enough— she caught sight of it— dead, all eight legs ripped apart, a black spot visible on her bright yellow shirt, and its body layed flat in an unnatural angle— right above her right breast, nipple to be exact.

Theo reached into one of the ebony drawers that were fixed just below the AC and pulled out several small burgundy silks before handing it over to her. "Use this, love, I'm afraid it might be poisonous if you touch it with your hands."

Athena slapped his hand away, making the silks fall from his grip, reprising this similar script back when they were both younger.

Of course, Theo didn't know that though.

This audacious, brazen traits that was oozing out of her hadn't come to an end yet as she shrieked childishly. "Why would you ask this princess to wipe a dead body off of her? You come do it!"

Theo had to give full attentiveness to both avoiding cars on the road and his date, which was quite a tough job, though being an expert in multi-tasking.

Moreover, it had been a long period of time since he'd last driven a car.

When Theo bent forward to collect the scattered silks, Athena added unmannerly, "Since you were the one that dirtied my gym shirt in the first place."

It was probably Athena's extraordinary luck that she had only been in this uncouth form in the presence of Theo. If it was any of the other Thieves, or even a person of the elites, she would have surely been decapitated, but she shouldn't forget Theo is still one of the most powerful man in the universe nonetheless.

Theo merely nodded, having nothing to retort or oppose. Whatever Athena— his current girl said was right, and that was that. "You're completely right. I should have gotten rid of it through the windows. I was worried it'd harm you and acted without thinking." He made a scan of his thumbprint near the car door as it popped up a little navy blue button and he pressed it gingerly, proving Athena— the real Athena inside, just how much of a boyfriend material he was.

Everything he handled, no matter alive or not, was with forbearance and very reposeful.

Her body unfortunately had a mind of its own ever since she had set foot into this limo as she crossed her arms and exhaled loudly, lips protruding. "What is that suppose to do? It's not like it will help my shirt become spotless you know."

Theo was known to always delay his responses for a second or two but he dragged this one for nearly ten while he adjusted the driver seat backwards with another press of a sparkly button.

With so much grace, he rose from his seat, leaving the wheel to fend for itself. "It won't, but it will help me while I tend to your needs, love."