1

"y/n! come quick!" alarms blare along with the red flashing lights, i sprint my short but lanky body towards my brothers frantic voice. he flings us into the one person escape pod while grabbing my hand, and the door hisses shut behind us. the sound of the alarms get muffled. i press myself against the small glass window at the back of the pod, watching friends and family rushing to find ways of escape, to no avail. me and ding dong got the last one.

the pod however, is only made for one person. it has a weight limit of 120 pounds. it's great for one because the average person here weighs about 90. but me and ding dong together weigh 170, far above the limit.

we had no other choice, it was either both or neither. i couldn't bear to live without him, vice versa. he's my everything; my brother, my best friend. he's always been there for me, even when i couldn't get out of bed. tears start pouring down my face when a hug brings me back to reality.

"are you ok?" he asks, stroking the short fur on the back of my head.

"i-im ok.." i whisper. ive had a hard time speaking my entire life, i really only talk to people i know, and when i get frightened or sad i fail to talk.

"we're gonna get through this, alright? we're gonna land on the designated planet with the rest of our people," he assures me. all i can do is nod my head.

we stop hugging and look at the simple control panel in front of us. right now its on auto pilot as it should be, we're on our way to the safe planet like ding dong said. maybe everything will be ok after all.

there's only one chair, so i take the only other available spot to sit. the floor. i curl up and watch planet chicago get smaller and smaller behind us, lights on the planet flickering off and on in the distance. soon, my eyes shut and i drift to sleep among the stars.