6

"so um.. can we have food? we're starving." dingus asks the guys. julians turns to face him.

"of course! chris, talk to them while i go fix something." he says, and chris looks nervous.

"um, where did you come from?" he asks us, ding dong answers again thankfully. he knows me too well.

"we had to evacuate from planet chicago because it got invaded by lets players. there was only one escape pod left though, and it was only for one person." he explains, all the memories start to flood back to me. a few tears escape my eyelids, but i dont think either of them notice. i hide behind ding dongs arm. "the imbalance in weight made us go of course and we crash landed here. then i assume julian told you the rest."

"oh, wow. planet chicago? lets players? those are all things we have on earth." chris states. he looks over at me and our eyes lock. he smiles at me, and i give his a half smile back. "so, what kinds of things do you like to do?" he asks, turning his attention back towards ding dong.

"we both love video games, if you have those, and she really likes art and music too. i like designing video games." dingle says to chris, who looks at me, almost for confirmation. i nod my head.

"well you two are in great luck!" chris says, in a silly sounding voice. "we got all sorts of games here." i giggle at his voice, and his eyes shoot towards me. i feel my face heat up in embarrassment.

saved by the bell, julian shouts from the kitchen. "i hope you guys like spaghetti, its pretty much all we have. here." he places the two large large portions of spaghetti on the coffee table in front of us.

i hesitantly pick up the fork and stick it in the noodles, twirling around the fork then stuffing the food in my mouth. its alright, nothing like the food on our planet, thats for sure. but im so hungry i could eat anything, so i continue to slurp up the spaghetti. i look over to ding dong, who's doing the exact same thing.

- - - -

its been about an hour, and we're all crammed on the couch watching some sort of video on the television. it seems to be animated, which i like. chris is on my right, and dingle is on my left. chris' leg is touching mine. i might be starting to warm up to these guys.

chris looks at me and we make eye contact, then he makes a funny face. i quietly snicker at him, then return the favor of making an unusual face. i puff up my cheeks with air and make my ear-nublets stand straight up, then  cross my eyes. he snickers like i did, then turns his attention back to the movie. i do the same.

i'm starting to warm up to these guys.

the movie ends, and julian is quick to talk first. "i uh- im pretty tired, so we should probably figure out the sleeping situation." he suggests, referring to me and dingus.

"i'll sleep wherever, im sure y/n will too." ding dong says, to which i nod my head. i just dont wanna be separated from my brother.

"you two can sleep in the bed again if you want, i'm fine with sleeping on the couch." julian says, thats very nice of him.

"thats ok, thanks." dingle responds, and we make our way back to the room we woke up in.

i shut the door behind us. "dingle?" i ask quietly.

"yeah?"

"what do you think of them?" i question.

"they're weird, but they're also cool i guess. i think we can trust them." he states, getting under the blanket.

i agree with him. weird, but alright. i fall asleep on my left side of the bed, watching the stars outside the window.