3

- - julian's pov: - -

its late at night but i cant seem to fall asleep. i look over at the digital alarm clock on my nightstand, 3:32 am. sighing, i decide to give up on sleeping for now. i stand up and stretch my legs, when the floor starts rumbling slightly.

why? is it an earthquake? before i can debate anymore, a loud crash interrupts my thoughts. it sounds like it came from right outside the apartment! quickly, i slide on some slippers and jog down a flight of stairs to the lobby, then outside to investigate.

when i get outside, i see a bit of smoke coming from the (now empty) construction site next to the apartment complex. running through the loose dirt of the site, i see a small, metallic, alien like pod. it seems like it crashed here? I get closer to investigate further.

The smoke makes me cough when i get closer. i squint my eyes and pull my shirt over my nose, hoping to keep at least a little of the smoke out of my lungs. it looks like there's a small door open at the back of the device. my heart skips a beat when i see something that looks like a large rabbit foot, and it seems to be covered in blood? i run towards the hurt figure, inspecting it as much as i can through the smoke.

it has rabbit like ears(?) on the top of its head, large lips, and large eyes. i carefully step inside the pod, and i think there's two of them? how am i going to help these creatures? both of them look hurt, one more than the other. i gently pick one up, and it's surprisingly light. maybe i could carry both in one trip? i set it over my shoulder, and precariously throw the other one over my other shoulder. trying to get out of the pod with no hands is difficult, but i manage to escape and sprint as fast as i can back to the hopefully empty lobby.

eventually i make it back to my apartment. it might be a ad idea to separate them incase they wake up, so i lay them both in my queen sized bed. it looks like the shorter one's leg is bleeding badly, so i wrap it up in an old t-shit because of my lack of medical equipment. its leg is covered in soft, short fur that's currently soaked in blood. actually, its entire body is covered in this short off-white fur, along with the other one.

the taller one is more grey, but it seems like that's a result of the smoke covering it. i try to wipe off some on the excess blood and smoke off their faces, and while i'm doing this, i inspect them more. they have two large toes(?) on their feet, and pads on the bottom of each toe and heel like a dog. they also have strange hands with four large fingers on each, one of them off to the side, more like a thumb. their overall body type is lanky and skinny, but the taller one seems to have a little more chub on his belly.

without knowing what i should do next, i call chris over.