5

ding dong slides out first, then beckons me to come out with him. i wipe my tears and follow my brother. "d-do you really think they're safe?" i whisper to him, sitting on the bed.

"i don't know, but we dont have another choice." he responds, scratching the back of his head.

i look around for a possible escape, when my eyes land upon a window to the left of the bed. i rush to it, as fast as my wounded body will let me. i peer out the window, and my hopes are demolished. we're about 20 feet up, way to far for two lanky, crippled aliens to this planet to jump out and hope for a chance of success. there also seems to be a lot of the same creatures that vary in size and color, similar to the funnies and stinkies on our home world.

if two are dangerous, fifty of them is definitely worse. "dingle?" he looks up at me, and i wave my hand for him to come over. he sees the same thing i do, and has the same hopeless expression i assume i do right now.

"shit. we're really not getting out of here, are we?" he says, looking back at me.

i shrug my shoulders in defeat. we have to go confront the two who saw us. "d-do you wanna go out?" i ask shyly, i'd rather not go meet aliens right now but it seems like we have no choice. i am pretty hungry.

"not really, but i guess we have to. im starving." he says, practically reading my mind. i sigh. "hey, it'll be alright. its not like we had very much goin for us back on chicago, did we?" i dont know who he's trying to convince more, me or himself.

"o-ok you've convinced me. we can go." i stutter, my nerves are really getting to best of my speech impediment right now. he grabs my hand and walks towards the door, then turns the shiny handle. he takes a very deep sigh, then opens the door.

we're met with two very surprised faces when we exit. i guess the shorter notices our limping and rushes over to us, either to attack or help. ding dong flinches greatly at this, as do i. the man notices and backs away. "do you guys need any help?" he asks.

in all honesty, some help right now would be amazing, but dingus answers for us. "no, we're good" he lies, and we hobble over to a couch, where the tall one is sitting. he stands up, making room for us. i lay my ears back anxiously, scared of whats going to happen next.

as soon as my ass hits the cushion i relax all my joints, dear lord my body hurts so bad. it's just now i realize the make-shift bandage on my leg. i think these people might be ok, they tried to help at least.

ding dong speaks up first. "so, where are we?" i scoot closer to him, trying to get away from the creatures. im so glad ding dong is acting brave for us, there's no way in hell i could speak right now.

"y-you're on earth, in my apartment. i saved you from your pod thing that crashed nearby." the short one says. the tall one, this entire time, has looked shocked.

"ok, who are you two?" my brother asks again. now that we're having an actual conversation, they seem to ease up a little , but i stay the same.

"im julian, and this is my good friend chris. who are you?"

"im ding dong, and this is my sister y/n." the tall one, chris, seems to snicker at his name. julian glares at him.

"its nice to meet you two. you're safe here." julian says. he smiles at us.