Ch 2

"What do you unlock?"

(Y/n) hands traced the key before she stood up and started to look for the door which the key would unlock. She tried it on the many doors of the house but it didn't work on any of them and just when (Y/n) was going to give up a sound behind her caused her to jump.

Looking back the girl noticed her doll was no longer on the back on the couch where she had originally placed it. Going over she bend down to look under the couch since the doll probably fell behind the piece of furniture. She had been correct but what was odd was the weird outline in the wall, it almost looked like a small door.

"That's weird" (Y/n) decided to get a better look and began pushing the couch out of her way so she could get a better look at it. Once the couch was moved, she picked up her doll before she faced the door that was hidden in the wallpaper. She could tell something was there as she traced the outline with her finger, then her eyes focused on the key hole before she looked down at the key in her hand.

Her hand started to lead the key towards the small door but then she realized that she would damage the wallpaper if she didn't cut it out first. Using the sharp end of her key she started to cut an outline of the door. Once (Y/n) was done, she pulled back to inspect her work. "Let's see if it fits"

The key hovered just over the key hole before (Y/n) pushed the key in and turned it, there was a click before the door started opening. "Bricks? I thought this key would open something interesting!" Feeling disappointed (Y/n) closed the door before she locked it and removed the key. She moved the couch back into place as she didn't want her Mother finding out what she had done to the wallpaper. (Y/n) wasn't sure what do to now so she laid on the couch as she stared at her strange doll until it was time for dinner.

~~~~~~~~~

Dinner was uneventful as her parents just discussed their books, (Y/n) ate her dinner quickly so she didn't have to hear about her parents' book longer than she had to. There wasn't anything else for (Y/n) to do so she returned to her bedroom. Since she was feeling a little tired from unpackaging and the drive over she decided to go to bed, (Y/n) ended up drifting off to sleep within a few minutes.

'(Y/n) wake up'

The girl began to stir from her sleep after she thought someone was calling her name but when she looked around it was the middle of the night and there was no one else in the room with her. She was about to go back to sleep when a knocking sound started coming from the hallway. "What's that noise?"

(Y/n) knew she wasn't going to get any sleep if the knocking sound continued so she got out of bed and went to see what it was. As she walked through the hallway and the sound got louder as she made her way down the stairs but what she found odd was the sound was coming from behind the couch. "That's where that little door is..."

Pushing the couch away from the door (Y/n) bent down and could see the door move whenever a knock was heard. (Y/n) made her hand into a fist and knocked on the door, there was a pause before someone knocked back. She tried to open it but then remembered she had locked it when there was only a brick wall behind it. "There were only bricks behind it last time, why would it be any different this time?"

She wasn't sure why but she went retrieve the key regardless once she had the key she returned back to the door and knelt down to lock it. The lock clicked as (Y/n) turned the key and once it was unlocked the key was removed before (Y/n) gripped the corners of the door and pulled it open. Her eyes started to widen as there was no longer brick behind the door. Instead there was a long tunnel that seemed to go on forever but as (Y/n) looked closer she could see a faint light at the end.

(Y/n) looked behind her one last time before she started crawling through the tunnel, it was a tight fit but (Y/n) managed to wiggle her way through the tunnel until she reached the end. Once at the end her hand reached out to push the other door open as she was blinded by the bright light on the other side, she blinked a few times but her eyes quickly adjusted.