#12: Escape

(AN : Play the video above while you read for more impact. And if you haven't watched 'Empress Ki' do watch it.)

Peak Lord Shen almost fell off the roof when he spotted Luo Binghe. Binghe extended his hand towards Peak Lord Shen and said something. Mingyan couldn't catch his words because of the distance, but she could clearly see Binghe's gloomy face. The malice that was present a few moments ago had disappeared. It seemed like he was genuinely asking Master Shen to come along with him. Peak Lord Shen uttered something in return that rubbed him the wrong way. Binghe was visibly agitated, but he did not retract his hand.

Cultivators from the mob flew up on their swords to claim their trophy, but Binghe sent out a powerful wave of energy that flung the flying cultivators some several meters away. He didn't want anyone else to claim Peak Lord Shen. Liu Qingge, who had expended his patience, pushed Peak Lord Shen aside and took to the battle front. Both him and Luo Binghe began fighting without a single word. Liu Qingge used his Chen Luan Sword and Binghe used blasts of spiritual energy. Mingyan had never seen anyone as powerful as her brother. It was a mixture of fear and awe to watch two equally powerful cultivators battle with all their strength and not even stop to draw breath. It was a synchronized dance of death. The aura produced by their spiritual energies was enough to sent people flying to the next town.

But then Binghe grew impatient and drew out his sword. This sword did not ooze spiritual energy, but demonic energy. Peak Lord Shen yelled something from the highest roof of the building, he was visibly concerned for Binghe. But Binghe paid no heed to his words. Chen Luan Sword charged straight towards him, and Binghe lightly tapped the edge of his slender demonic sword. It seemed as if waves and waves of terrifying intent slowly oozed from the center of the sword, and Chen Luan came to a complete stop mid-air - it wasn't obeying Liu Qingge's command! The shock on his face was very clear - Mingyan had never seen this expression on his face. The powerful cultivator of the Jianghu wielding the powerful sword ever known were rendered powerless! 

When did Binghe learn to cultivate demonic energy? Why does he have a demonic sword? Questions swirled in Mingyan's mind but scenes before her changed rapidly. Xiu Ya Sword appeared on the scene and Peak Lord Shen seemed to urge Binghe to come up to his side. Binghe shot one look at him and in an instant jumped up to the highest roof. He immediately set up a formation to cut off those standing below and foiled Liu Qingge's attempt to  follow him. The sky above moved like flowing water, but Mingyan could still see the roof top where the Master and disciple stood.

Binghe laughed with a wicked expression and said something, Peak Lord Shen responded to it with the face of a man who has made peace with everything in life. Binghe continued to talk and walked towards Peak Lord Shen with a menacing aura. He suddenly changed to a face full of agony, as if he had finally found a chance to express all the pain he had accumulated till that moment. He seemed honest, innocent... and hurt. Peak Lord Shen also seemed to be affected by Binghe's emotions. He blinked away the tears in his eyes.

But then Binghe gripped his sword tightly and staggered on the spot. The demonic sword had wrapped him in its threatening aura. He struggled to break free from it. Peak Lord Shen rushed to his aid and tried to soothe him. It somehow worsened Binghe's condition. Peak Lord Shen couldn't bear to see his disciple suffer and embraced Binghe with all his strength. It seemed as if he was trying to absorb all of Binghe's suffering into his own body. It was effective. Binghe's condition improved rapidly and he was back to his normal state. Peak Lord Shen let go of Binghe and said something to his disciple before letting himself fall off the roof, gently drifting down like a kite. Binghe followed him and jumped off the roof, his face full of horror. He managed to catch Peak Lord Shen before he hit the ground. Xiu Ya Sword fell to the ground in pieces. Peak Lord Shen self-destructed to save his disciple from the clutches of the demonic sword.