Panic

Keith POV

I slowly wake up from unconsciousness and a bright white light shining in my face. I notice a bunch of beeps and other noises. I focus my eyes, and someone with black hair with a white tuft is messing with my mouth.

I growl to get them to stop. It jumped back and continued what it was doing. I try and close my mouth, but something is keeping my mouth open.

I unintentionally gave a weak whimper. I can't move any of my limbs. All I could do was cry, but I'm not giving them the satisfaction of power.

"Hello, Keith." White tuft said.

I stay quiet; I don't want to give this bean any attention.

"I know you can understand me. I was wondering if you recognize the name, Lance." White tuft asked.

I forgot about him! What did they do to Lance! I struggle and growl to get out of here.

"Calm down." White tuft said. "Now I know that you recognize Lance. He's been trying to convince us to free you for a few weeks now."

I've been asleep for two movements?! What if I never see Lance again!

"Lucky for him, his friend's mother works in this department. I need you to promise me something, okay? We will unchain you and let you see Lance again, but we put you back to sleep if you do anything." White tuft added.

I nodded as much as I could, and I immediately feel the chains loosen up. I hear muffled voices through the walls, but I can't make out what they are saying.

White tuft jumped off and observed me. I slowly sit up and see all the beans wearing white coats and holding a red button device. I notice the bean's door open, and Lance walks.

I reach my hand out to Lance, but then a shocking sensation travels through my entire body, and I howl in pain. I stiffen until the electricity feeling goes away.

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO HIM?!" Lance exploded.

"We added a substance in his bloodstream that allows us to electrocute him in case he attacks us." White tuft explained.

My heart sank, and my ears lay against my head. I can't believe this is happening to me. I start trembling, and all the sounds around me fade. All I can hear is my heartbeat.

Lance POV

My arm starts to glow, and I climb up Keith's pants despite all the scientists yelling at me. I finally make it to his knee. He is looking at me, but I don't think he could see me.

"Keith, buddy, it's alright." I cooed.

He didn't respond, but his ear twitched like he heard me. I sat down and tried to calm him down, but nothing worked.

Keith's face was close enough for me to touch, so I reached out to pet him. After a few seconds, Keith closed his eyes and started purring, and the scientists stopped yelling.

"Shhh, everything will be okay, Kitten." I smiled.

Keith slowly opened his eyes, and his ears perked up. His face turned red, and I giggled.

"You're so cute when you purr." I gushed.

"W-what?!" Keith stammered.

"Okay, shows over, get down, or else." Dr. Shirogane commanded.

I sighed as I looked back at Keith. He reached out his hand but then stopped and pulled it back.

A wave of guilt hit my consciousness. Those motherfucking doctors are hurting my poor kitten!

I climb down his pants and eventually make it to the ground.

"Do you people even realize what you're doing to him?! He literally just had a fucking panic attack when he learned you guys can shock him whenever you want! Also, didn't you see him purr?! He is an innocent fucking kitten that has never hurt a soul!" I exploded.

I couldn't take it that these scientists are intentionally hurting Keith and doing nothing about it.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Mcclain, but we can't do anything about it." Dr. Shirogane said.

Two guards then escorted me out of the room and threw me outside. I sadly walked home, hoping to see Keith again.