Rover

Keith POV

I found a cow, and it was so yummy! Cows surprisingly have a lot of calories, but anyway. I wipe the blood off of my lips, and I hear leaves shuffling from behind me.

My tail slams on the ground, so whoever is there would fall over. The mystery bean fell over as expected, and I reached out to grab it.

A gray triangle flew out from the bushes. I tilted my head as I reached out to grab it. It quickly moved back to avoid my touch, and I recoiled my arm.

It flew towards me again, but this time I just observed what it was doing. It had bright blue accents and a bright blue light in the middle that I think it's the eye.

I reach out my hand for the flying triangle to land on my hand. It eventually landed, and I smiled. I poked the triangle, but it didn't budge.

The triangle shot up and was at eye level with me. I tilted my head again in confusion. I poked the triangle, and it moved before I could touch it.

Triangle (is what I named it) flew around me, and I couldn't catch it. I huffed and quickly cupped my hands around the triangle.

The drone zoomed all around in my hand, trying to escape. Its bottom touched my palm and burnt me.

I yelp in pain and release it. The burnt mark was small, and it hurt like hell.

Triangle looked at the wound, but I covered it with my other hand so it wouldn't burn me again.

Triangle looked at me and back at my hands. I understood and removed my hand so it could look.

It poured cold water on my hand. I yelped again, and Triangle added jell onto it. The pain was unbearable, but I trust that Triangle knows what it is doing.

The drone wrapped some white stuff around my hand. The white stuff feels weird, so I try and take it off, but Triangle blocks it, so I couldn't.

"What's your name?" I asked.

"Rover." It said bluntly.

Rover's voice sounded weird, but I shrugged it off. I leaned closer to Rover so I could sniff him, but he backed away.

"Come closer," I commanded.

Rover backed away from me and my brows furrowed.

"Keith! Where are you!"

"Keef!"

"Kitty!"

"Purple giant!"

"Giant furry!"

Lance and his siblings were calling for me. How long have I been gone? Rover flew around me again in a panic, I think.

"I'm here!" I responded.

Lance ran over to me with fear in his eyes. My ears flattened against my head.

"What's wrong?" I asked quietly.

"What's wrong?! You disappeared, and I heard you in pain! I thought you were hurt or-"

I lifted Lance and placed him on my palm. He instantly noticed the white stuff.

"What's-?!"

"Rover burned me a little, but I'm fine now." I interrupted.

"Rover?" Lance asked.

Rover retreated from behind me and flew in front of Lance's face. Lance glared at it for a moment.

"PIDGE!" Lance shouted.

Rover quickly zoomed away into the bushes, and Pidge guiltily walked out. I tilted my head when she came out. What does she have to do with Rover?

"Hey, Lance, Hey, Keith." Pidge breathed.

"Why was Rover watching Keith?" Lance asked with an angry tone.

"I dunno, I was bored, so I found Keith and watched him," Pidge explained.

I placed Lance on the ground and walked up to Pidge. While Lance was questioning Pidge, I felt beans touch my tail.

All of Lance's siblings were messing with my tail. I shuffled my tail a little, and everyone jumped.

"Keith, is something wrong?" Lance asked,

I looked back at him and nodded. He didn't seem convinced, though. Lance glared at me, and I glared back.

"Please tell me," Lance begged.

I sighed and let Lance walk onto my hand. I stood up so the other beans couldn't hear.

"Woah, I've never been this high up before." Lance laughed nervously.

"I guess I had never been around so many beans without them attacking me or something." I shrugged.

"Oh my god, I am so sorry I should have asked or-!"

"Lance, it's alright. You were excited, and you are too cute to say no to." I nuzzled Lance's stomach.

He giggled and smiled at me.

"Why do you keep interrupting me?" Lance joked.

"So, the author doesn't have to write all of your rambling," I answered.

"What?" Lance questioned

"What?" I repeated.

"Anyway, I'm starting to feel sick," Lance mentioned.

My ears flatten, and I began to panic. I rubbed Lance's stomach to help somehow. Eventually, I use all of my fingers to rub all over Lance to soothe his stomach.

Lance was fussing and trying to get out of my panicked grasp. I took a seat so Pidge or his siblings could help. Lance slowly stands up while clutching his stomach.

Rachel and Marco immediately hold Lance in his arms and help him lay down. Pidge asked Lance what happened, and he said it was just a stomach ache.

Veronica was glaring at me; I whimpered and looked away. The kids were observing Pidge helping Lance.

"Keith, don't worry about it." Lance joked.

I whimper again and curl into a ball. Lance got up and walked over to me.

"I just needed a break from being high up. See? I'm all good now!" Lance exclaimed.

"I suggest we go home," Veronica stated.

Veronica took Silvio's and Nadia's hand and began walking home, and Marco and Rachel followed shortly after.

I felt Lance feel upset, so I scooped him up and sat on my bottom.

"Even if they don't accept me, at least I have you," I remarked.

Lance grinned, hugged my thumb. I blushed at his action and looked away.