Freedom?

Keith POV

I have been in this lab for probably five phoebs. I hate everything about this place the beans, the needles, the repetitive beeping sounds, and everything else.

My back is leaning against the wall, and my legs are spread out, and so is my tail.

I thought I would be used to getting stabbed by needles by now, but it hurts every time. Most of the day, I am chained down by my wrists, ankles, neck, and tail. I used to be shocked a lot, but now I give up. There is no point in trying anymore.

Luckily today is one of those days when I am not restrained down, so that's something.

Now I feel nothing, and my eyes hardly glow anymore because of that. Sometimes I could feel Lance in distress, but I learned to ignore it.

I just want to go home...

The bean door opens, and Shiro walks in. He says something, but I block out what he says because I don't care anymore.

I feel a bean squeeze one of my fingers. I just let it happen since I don't have a choice to resist. It finally let go, letting my finger fall back down.

I suddenly hear, shouting. It's probably one of the scientists injected me with the wrong drug. My curiosity gets the better of me, and I look down at the beans.

It can't be Lance. I rub my eyes and look again, and Lance is still there.

"L-Lance...?" I mumbled.

He turned around, and a familiar pair of blue eyes look at me. Lance's face was wet from tears. My ears flattened against my head.

I watched as Lance ran over and hugged my finger again. I still don't do anything in case they shock me.

"Dr. Shriogane, why is he like this..?" Lance asked.

"Well, I'll start with his behavior. He hasn't talked ever since the last time he saw you. Keith also isn't really moving is because if he disobeys, he gets shocked." Shiro began. "His eyes have stopped glowing three months ago, but we haven't found out why."

"Keith... I'm so sorry..." Lance stammered.

"If you were really sorry, you would have actually attempted to come here a while ago." I blurt out.

I immediately tense up, and I tightly close my eyes to brace myself from being shocked.

Slowly I open my eyes and look around. I tilted my head, confused that the beans didn't electrocute me.

Both of the beans gave me a hurt look, and tears weld up in Lance's eyes.

"K-Keith..." Lance sounded like he was about to cry.

"Am I wrong? You never even came near this building!" I yelled.

I was then electrocuted, and I yelped in pain.

"Stop! Don't hurt him! He has a right to hate me..." Lance whispered.

It was silent until I felt a bean touch my tail, and I shrieked. Beans would abuse my tail in many ways.

I look over and see Lance giving me a sorry look.

"Keith, I've come to take you home," Lance stated.

I actually laughed out loud for the first time in a while. My ears perk up when I hear the giant door open.

"I'm not supposed to do this, but you deserve to be free," Shiro said.

I cautiously crawl out the opening to the outside world. Abruptly a massive group of people cheers as they hold signs that say, "Free the giant!" and "Giants are people too!"

I instantly retreat back into the room. The cheering stopped, and there was whispering coming from the beans.

Lance grabbed onto my finger and gave me a reassuring smile. I took a deep breath and placed Lance on my head, and I crawled forward.

The cheering started again, and my breath started picking up. Lance began petting my head, and I calmed down a little.

Lance POV

Everything was so small at this height. I try my best not to panic because heights are scary!

I can feel Keith's soft purrs rumbling from petting him.

My vision is getting a little fuzzy, but I'm sure it's nothing. I sense my chest tightens, and I feel weak.

"K-Keith, I think I'm going to pass ou-"